Bites and Stings
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAnimal attack: an unusual case of multiple trauma in childhood., 107 (10):328-9 Ir Med J
PublisherIrish Medical Journal
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractA 2½ year old girl attended our facility following attack by a tapir at a city zoo. She sustained multiple injuries including a forearm laceration and multiple perforating wounds to her abdominal wall. She had several procedures, including bowel resection, performed under the care of the General Paediatric Surgery and Plastic Surgery teams and was treated with a course of IV antibiotics. She recovered well and to date has suffered no long-term adverse outcome.
- A case of open multiple fractures of both forearms caused by a donkey bite.
- Authors: Stavrev V
- Issue date: 1998
- Two fatal tiger attacks in zoos.
- Authors: Tantius B, Wittschieber D, Schmidt S, Rothschild MA, Banaschak S
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- A case of a fatal Himalayan black bear attack in the zoo.
- Authors: Mihailovic Z, Savic S, Damjanjuk I, Stanojevic A, Milosevic M
- Issue date: 2011 May
- A fatal elephant attack.
- Authors: Hejna P, Zátopková L, Safr M
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Panfascial (craniomaxillomandibular) trauma by animal bite: a wolf attack.
- Authors: Emsen IM
- Issue date: 2007 Jan