Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationErdheim-Chester disease. 2015, 108 (2):61 Ir Med J
PublisherIrish Medical Journal
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractWe read with great interest the excellent and informative case report by Tevlin et al describing a case of Erdheim-Chester disease (ECD), a form of non Langerhans cell histiocytosis, of the gastrointestinal tract. 1 In the case presented by the authors, a laporotomy was required for definitive diagnosis, as percutaneous biopsy of the retroperitoneal adenopathy was non diagnostic. We would like to share a similar case of this rare disorder, encountered recently in our institution, where a different approach was utilized by performing a percutaneous renal biopsy allowing for the correct diagnosis to be made without the need for laporotomy.
- Interferon-alpha in cardiac Erdheim-Chester disease.
- Authors: Monti L, Haroche J, Sciarra A, Balzarini L, Fiamengo B, Amoura Z, Graziani G
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 13
- Erdheim-Chester disease: multisystem involvement and management with interferon-alpha.
- Authors: Suzuki HI, Hosoya N, Miyagawa K, Ota S, Nakashima H, Makita N, Kurokawa M
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Successful treatment of Erdheim-Chester disease, a non-Langerhans-cell histiocytosis, with interferon-alpha.
- Authors: Braiteh F, Boxrud C, Esmaeli B, Kurzrock R
- Issue date: 2005 Nov 1
- [Erdheim-Chester disease].
- Authors: Haroche J, Cohen-Aubart F, Arnaud L, Hervier B, Charlotte F, Drier A, Gorochov G, Grenier PA, Cluzel P, Maksud P, Emile JF, Amoura Z
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- [An exophtalmos].
- Authors: Raffray L, Bertolotti A, Duffau P, Longueville E, Mercié P, Longy-Boursier M
- Issue date: 2013 Dec