A Multi-Center Prospective Derivation and Validation of a Clinical Prediction Tool for Severe Clostridium difficile Infection.
Martin, Alan J
Garey, Kevin W
Flores, Sarah W
Shah, Dhara N
Leffler, Daniel A
Kelly, Ciarán P
Affiliation1Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America. 2Department of Medicine for the Older Person, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital and University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland. 3University of Houston College of Pharmacy, Houston, Texas, United States of America.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA Multi-Center Prospective Derivation and Validation of a Clinical Prediction Tool for Severe Clostridium difficile Infection. 2015, 10 (4):e0123405 PLoS ONE
PublisherPublic Library of Science (PLoS One)
AbstractPrediction of severe clinical outcomes in Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) is important to inform management decisions for optimum patient care. Currently, treatment recommendations for CDI vary based on disease severity but validated methods to predict severe disease are lacking. The aim of the study was to derive and validate a clinical prediction tool for severe outcomes in CDI.
SponsorsFunding: This work was funded in part by the following grants: NIH Awards DK-07760 (XN) and AI-95256 (CPK), Merck Investigator Studies Program (CPK and KWG), and Health Research Board Ireland CSA 2007/4 (LK and AJM). The funders had no role in study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript.
- Prospective derivation and validation of a clinical prediction rule for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection.
- Authors: Hu MY, Katchar K, Kyne L, Maroo S, Tummala S, Dreisbach V, Xu H, Leffler DA, Kelly CP
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Identification of patients at high risk for Clostridium difficile infection: development and validation of a risk prediction model in hospitalized patients treated with antibiotics.
- Authors: van Werkhoven CH, van der Tempel J, Jajou R, Thijsen SF, Diepersloot RJ, Bonten MJ, Postma DF, Oosterheert JJ
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Derivation and validation of a simple clinical bedside score (ATLAS) for Clostridium difficile infection which predicts response to therapy.
- Authors: Miller MA, Louie T, Mullane K, Weiss K, Lentnek A, Golan Y, Kean Y, Sears P
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 25
- Factors predictive of severe Clostridium difficile infection depend on the definition used.
- Authors: Khanafer N, Barbut F, Eckert C, Perraud M, Demont C, Luxemburger C, Vanhems P
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Clinical factors associated with development of severe-complicated Clostridium difficile infection.
- Authors: Shivashankar R, Khanna S, Kammer PP, Harmsen WS, Zinsmeister AR, Baddour LM, Pardi DS
- Issue date: 2013 Nov