Prevalence and variation of Chronic Kidney Disease in the Irish health system: initial findings from the National Kidney Disease Surveillance Programme.
AuthorsStack, Austin G
Casserly, Liam F
Cronin, Cornelius J
Ferguson, John P
AffiliationDepartments of Nephrology and Internal Medicine, University Hospital Limerick, Limerick, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationStack, A.G. et al., 2014. Prevalence and variation of Chronic Kidney Disease in the Irish health system: initial findings from the National Kidney Disease Surveillance Programme. BMC Nephrology. 15:185
AbstractThe prevalence of CKD in the Irish health system is 11.8% corresponding to a detection rate of 4.5% in the general population. Demographic, geographic factors and acute kidney injury episodes are important determinants of disease burden. Passive surveillance of CKD is both feasible and desirable within the Irish health system, and offers huge opportunities for targeted prevention programmes and improved clinical outcomes.
- Prevalence of diminished kidney function in a representative sample of middle and older age adults in the Irish population.
- Authors: Browne GM, Eustace JA, Fitzgerald AP, Lutomski JE, Perry IJ
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 2
- Impact of routine reporting of estimated glomerular filtration rate using the CKD-EPI formula in a community population: A cross-sectional cohort study.
- Authors: Mitchell T, Hadlow N, Chakera A
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Chronic renal disease in children aged 5-18 years: a population-based survey in Turkey, the CREDIT-C study.
- Authors: Soylemezoglu O, Duzova A, Yalçinkaya F, Arinsoy T, Süleymanlar G
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Comparison of the prevalence and mortality risk of CKD in Australia using the CKD Epidemiology Collaboration (CKD-EPI) and Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) Study GFR estimating equations: the AusDiab (Australian Diabetes, Obesity and Lifestyle) Study.
- Authors: White SL, Polkinghorne KR, Atkins RC, Chadban SJ
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Enzymatic creatinine assays allow estimation of glomerular filtration rate in stages 1 and 2 chronic kidney disease using CKD-EPI equation.
- Authors: Kuster N, Cristol JP, Cavalier E, Bargnoux AS, Halimi JM, Froissart M, Piéroni L, Delanaye P, Société Française de Biologie Clinique (SFBC).
- Issue date: 2014 Jan 20