Clinical review: surgical management of locally advanced and recurrent colorectal cancer.
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, St Vincent's University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Republic of Ireland, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local subject classificationCANCER, COLORECTAL
Neoplasm Recurrence, Local
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCourtney, D. et al., 2014. Clinical review: surgical management of locally advanced and recurrent colorectal cancer. Langenbeck's archives of surgery, 399 (1), pp 33-40
JournalLangenbeck's archives of surgery / Deutsche Gesellschaft für Chirurgie
AbstractRecurrent and locally advanced colorectal cancers frequently require en bloc resection of involved organs to achieve negative margins. The aim of this review is to evaluate the most current literature related to the surgical management of locally advanced and recurrent colorectal cancer.
- Surgery for locally advanced recurrent colorectal cancer involving the aortoiliac axis: can we achieve R0 resection and long-term survival?
- Authors: Abdelsattar ZM, Mathis KL, Colibaseanu DT, Merchea A, Bower TC, Larson DW, Dozois EJ
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Total pelvic exenteration for primary and recurrent malignancies.
- Authors: Ferenschild FT, Vermaas M, Verhoef C, Ansink AC, Kirkels WJ, Eggermont AM, de Wilt JH
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Surgical approach in locally advanced colorectal cancer--combined, extended and compound surgery.
- Authors: Sokolov M
- Issue date: 2013
- Retrospective review of pelvic malignancies undergoing total pelvic exenteration.
- Authors: Kuhrt MP, Chokshi RJ, Arrese D, Martin EW Jr
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 15
- Is curative resection and long-term survival possible for locally re-recurrent colorectal cancer in the pelvis?
- Authors: Colibaseanu DT, Mathis KL, Abdelsattar ZM, Larson DW, Haddock MG, Dozois EJ
- Issue date: 2013 Jan