Efficacy of paracetamol on patent ductus arteriosus closure may be dose dependent: evidence from human and murine studies.
Shah, Prakesh S
Hooper, Christopher W
Poole, Stanley D
Shelton, Elaine L
Milne, Ginger L
McNamara, Patrick J
AffiliationDepartment of Pediatrics, The Rotunda Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Local subject classificationPATENT DUCTUS ARTERIOSUS
HEART DEFECTS, CONGENITAL
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEl-Khuffash, A. et al., 2014. Efficacy of paracetamol on patent ductus arteriosus closure may be dose dependent: evidence from human and murine studies. Pediatric Research. 2014, 76 (3) pp 238-44
AbstractWe evaluated the clinical effectiveness of variable courses of paracetamol on patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) closure and examined its effect on the in vitro term and preterm murine ductus arteriosus (DA).
- Factors associated with permanent closure of the ductus arteriosus: a role for prolonged indomethacin therapy.
- Authors: Quinn D, Cooper B, Clyman RI
- Issue date: 2002 Jul
- Comparative study of the efficacy and safety of paracetamol, ibuprofen, and indomethacin in closure of patent ductus arteriosus in preterm neonates.
- Authors: El-Mashad AE, El-Mahdy H, El Amrousy D, Elgendy M
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Late medical therapy of patent ductus arteriosus using intravenous paracetamol.
- Authors: EL-Khuffash A, James AT, Cleary A, Semberova J, Franklin O, Miletin J
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Paracetamol treatment of patent ductus arteriosus in preterm infants.
- Authors: Nadir E, Kassem E, Foldi S, Hochberg A, Feldman M
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Clinical aspects of very-low-birthweight infants showing reopening of ductus arteriosus.
- Authors: Uchiyama A, Nagasawa H, Yamamoto Y, Tatebayashi K, Suzuki H, Yamada K, Arai M, Kohno Y
- Issue date: 2011 Jun