Acute hospital, community, and indirect costs of stroke associated with atrial fibrillation: population-based study.
Ní Chróinín, Danielle
Kelly, Peter J
AffiliationNeurovascular Unit for Translational and Therapeutics Research, University College Dublin/Dublin Academic Medical Centre, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland (N.H., S.M., D.H., D.N.C., E.C., G.H., O.S., J.D., L.K., P.J.K.); Centre for Support and Training in Analysis and Research (CSTAR), University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland (L.D., B.H.); Economic and Social Research Institute, Dublin, Ireland (S.S., M.W.); Stroke and Hypertension Unit, Connolly Hospital, Dublin, Ireland (E.D.); and Department of Geriatric and Stroke Medicine, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland (D.W.).
KeywordsSTROKE AND TIA
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHannon, N. et al., 2014. Acute hospital, community, and indirect costs of stroke associated with atrial fibrillation: population-based study. Stroke. 2014, 45 (12), pp 3670-4
JournalStroke: a journal of cerebral circulation
AbstractNo economic data from population-based studies exist on acute or late hospital, community, and indirect costs of stroke associated with atrial fibrillation (AF-stroke). Such data are essential for policy development, service planning, and cost-effectiveness analysis of new therapeutic agents.
- Societal Costs of First-Incident Ischemic Stroke in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation-A Danish Nationwide Registry Study.
- Authors: Jakobsen M, Kolodziejczyk C, Fredslund EK, Poulsen PB, Dybro L, Johnsen SP
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- The impact of atrial fibrillation on the cost of stroke: the berlin acute stroke study.
- Authors: Brüggenjürgen B, Rossnagel K, Roll S, Andersson FL, Selim D, Müller-Nordhorn J, Nolte CH, Jungehülsing GJ, Villringer A, Willich SN
- Issue date: 2007 Mar-Apr
- Cost of acute stroke care for patients with atrial fibrillation compared with those in sinus rhythm.
- Authors: Ali AN, Howe J, Abdel-Hafiz A
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Retrospective study of total healthcare costs associated with chronic nonvalvular atrial fibrillation and the occurrence of a first transient ischemic attack, stroke or major bleed.
- Authors: Boccuzzi SJ, Martin J, Stephenson J, Kreilick C, Fernandes J, Beaulieu J, Hauch O, Kim J
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Impact of atrial fibrillation on stroke-related healthcare costs.
- Authors: Sussman M, Menzin J, Lin I, Kwong WJ, Munsell M, Friedman M, Selim M
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 25