Targeted neonatal echocardiography services: need for standardized training and quality assurance.
AffiliationMount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (E.F.); Monash Medical Center, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (A.S.); Rotunda Hospital, Dublin, Ireland (A.E.K.); Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (P.J.M.); and Departments of Pediatrics (E.F., P.J.M.) and Physiology (P.J.M.), University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Local subject classificationECHOCARDIOGRAPHY
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFinan, E. et al., 2014. Targeted neonatal echocardiography services: need for standardized training and quality assurance. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine. 2014, 33 (10) pp 1833-41
JournalJournal of Ultrasound in Medicine : official journal of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
AbstractTargeted neonatal echocardiography refers to a focused assessment of myocardial performance and hemodynamics directed by a specific clinical question. It has become the standard of care in many parts of the world, but practice is variable, and there has been a lack of standardized training and evaluation to date. Targeted neonatal echocardiography was first introduced to Canada in 2006. The purpose of this study was to examine the characteristics of targeted neonatal echocardiography practice and training methods in Canadian neonatal intensive care units (NICUs).
- Investigating the European perspective of neonatal point-of-care echocardiography in the neonatal intensive care unit--a pilot study.
- Authors: Roehr CC, Te Pas AB, Dold SK, Breindahl M, Blennow M, Rüdiger M, Gupta S
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Expert consensus statement 'Neonatologist-performed Echocardiography (NoPE)'-training and accreditation in UK.
- Authors: Singh Y, Gupta S, Groves AM, Gandhi A, Thomson J, Qureshi S, Simpson JM
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Point of care ultrasound (POCUS) in Canadian neonatal intensive care units (NICUs): where are we?
- Authors: Ben Fadel N, Pulgar L, Khurshid F
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Neonatalogist-performed echography in neonatology: a Tunisian experience.
- Authors: Chioukh FZ, Khemis T, Bahri J, Chaabane A, Hamdi S, Maatouk F, Néffati E, Boughzéla E, Kortas C, Ben Ameur K, Monastiri K
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Education, training, and accreditation of Neonatologist Performed Echocardiography in Europe-framework for practice.
- Authors: Singh Y, Roehr CC, Tissot C, Rogerson S, Gupta S, Bohlin K, Breindahl M, El-Khuffash A, de Boode WP, European Special Interest Group ‘Neonatologist Performed Echocardiography’ (NPE).
- Issue date: 2018 Jul