Association between vitamin D status and physical function in the severely obese.
AffiliationWeight Management Service (T.A., A.K., E.O., C.D., C.W., D.O.), St Columcille's Hospital, Loughlinstown, County Dublin, Ireland; Obesity Research Group, Education and Research Centre (T.A., A.K., C.W., D.O.), Department of Endocrinology (T.A., A.K., C.W., M.J.M., D.O.), and Metabolism Laboratory (M.K., M.J.M.), St Vincent's University Hospital, Elm Park, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
Vitamin D Deficiency
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAssociation between vitamin D status and physical function in the severely obese. 2014, 99 (7):E1327-31 J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab.
JournalThe Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism
AbstractMortality is 85% higher in severely obese subjects (body mass index [BMI] > 40 kg/m(2)) than in subjects with a healthy BMI; poor physical function may be contributory. Hypovitaminosis D is common in obese subjects and is associated with physical dysfunction in the elderly.
- Prevalence of hypovitaminosis D and predictors of vitamin D status in Italian healthy adolescents.
- Authors: Vierucci F, Del Pistoia M, Fanos M, Erba P, Saggese G
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 5
- Prevalence of vitamin D deficiency among healthy adolescents.
- Authors: Gordon CM, DePeter KC, Feldman HA, Grace E, Emans SJ
- Issue date: 2004 Jun
- Impact of gender on vitamin D deficiency in morbidly obese patients: a cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Johnson LK, Hofsø D, Aasheim ET, Tanbo T, Holven KB, Andersen LF, Røislien J, Hjelmesæth J
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Relationship between 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations, serum calcium, and parathyroid hormone in apparently healthy Syrian people.
- Authors: Sayed-Hassan R, Abazid N, Alourfi Z
- Issue date: 2014
- Relationship between vitamin D status, body composition and physical exercise of adolescent girls in Beijing.
- Authors: Foo LH, Zhang Q, Zhu K, Ma G, Trube A, Greenfield H, Fraser DR
- Issue date: 2009 Mar