Through the looking glass; bioactive glass S53P4 (BonAlive®) in the treatment of chronic osteomyelitis.
AffiliationDepartment of Orthopaedic Surgery, Midland Regional Hospital, Tullamore, County Offaly, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Local subject classificationMICROBIOLOGY
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMcAndrew J et al. Through the looking glass; bioactive glass S53P4 (BonAlive®) in the treatment of chronic osteomyelitis. Ir J Med Sci. 2013, 182 (3):509-11
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractIn terms of eradication, osteomyelitis represents one of the most challenging infective conditions in medicine and surgery. In recent years, the use of bioactive glass in conjunction with antimicrobial therapy has emerged as a viable new treatment.
- A comparative study of the use of bioactive glass S53P4 and antibiotic-loaded calcium-based bone substitutes in the treatment of chronic osteomyelitis: a retrospective comparative study.
- Authors: Romanò CL, Logoluso N, Meani E, Romanò D, De Vecchi E, Vassena C, Drago L
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Antibacterial Bioactive Glass, S53P4, for Chronic Bone Infections - A Multinational Study.
- Authors: Lindfors N, Geurts J, Drago L, Arts JJ, Juutilainen V, Hyvönen P, Suda AJ, Domenico A, Artiaco S, Alizadeh C, Brychcy A, Bialecki J, Romanò CL
- Issue date: 2017
- Bioactive glass for long bone infection: a systematic review.
- Authors: Aurégan JC, Bégué T
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- The Use of Bioactive Glass S53P4 as Bone Graft Substitute in the Treatment of Chronic Osteomyelitis and Infected Non-Unions - a Retrospective Study of 50 Patients.
- Authors: Malat TA, Glombitza M, Dahmen J, Hax PM, Steinhausen E
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- The role of bioactive glass in the management of chronic osteomyelitis: a systematic review of literature and current evidence.
- Authors: Tanwar YS, Ferreira N
- Issue date: 2020 Apr