Sexually transmitted infection incidence among adolescents in Ireland.
AffiliationPhD Student, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland.
SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTION
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSexually transmitted infection incidence among adolescents in Ireland. 2014, 40 (4):276-82 J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care
PublisherBMJ Publishing Group Ltd
JournalThe journal of family planning and reproductive health care / Faculty of Family Planning & Reproductive Health Care, Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
AbstractSTI diagnosis has become increasingly common in Ireland. The proportion of notifications among those aged under 20 years is increasing. These data illustrate the significance of age, condom use and number of sexual partners as risk factors for STI diagnosis. Furthermore, providing data for the first time, we report on the high incidence rate of STIs among adolescents in Ireland. The high levels of risk-taking behaviour and STI acquisition are highlighted and suggest that there is a need for an integrated public health approach to combat this phenomenon in the adolescent population.
- Comparison of risk factors for prevalent sexually transmitted infections based on attendees at two genitourinary medicine clinics in Ireland.
- Authors: Shiely F, Hayes K, Horgan M
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Increased sexually transmitted infection incidence in a low risk population: identifying the risk factors.
- Authors: Shiely F, Horgan M, Hayes K
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Individual and population level impacts of illicit drug use, sexual risk behaviours on sexually transmitted infections among young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people: results from the GOANNA survey.
- Authors: Wand H, Ward J, Bryant J, Delaney-Thiele D, Worth H, Pitts M, Kaldor JM
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 19
- Prevalence and Correlates of a Diagnosis of Sexually Transmitted Infection Among Young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People: A National Survey.
- Authors: Ward J, Wand H, Bryant J, Delaney-Thiele D, Worth H, Pitts M, Byron K, Moore E, Donovan B, Kaldor JM
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Sexually Transmitted Infections in Youth With Controlled and Uncontrolled Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection.
- Authors: Camacho-Gonzalez AF, Chernoff MC, Williams PL, Chahroudi A, Oleske JM, Traite S, Chakraborty R, Purswani MU, Abzug MJ, International Maternal Pediatric Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials (IMPAACT) P1074 Study Team.
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 1