Anatomical characterisation of the cricothyroid membrane in females of childbearing age using computed tomography.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, The Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationLong N et al. Anatomical characterisation of the cricothyroid membrane in females of childbearing age using computed tomography. 2014, 23 (1):29-34 Int J Obstet Anesth
JournalInternational Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia
AbstractIn the event of failure to secure the airway by conventional means, it may be necessary to perform invasive airway access via the cricothyroid membrane. No studies have addressed anatomy of this structure in the obstetric population. We aimed to review the anatomical variation of this structure in a population of childbearing age.
- The height of the cricothyroid membrane on computed tomography scans in trauma patients.
- Authors: Nutbeam T, Clarke R, Luff T, Enki D, Gay D
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Accuracy of conventional digital palpation and ultrasound of the cricothyroid membrane in obese women in labour.
- Authors: You-Ten KE, Desai D, Postonogova T, Siddiqui N
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- The effect of i-gel<sup>®</sup> insertion on the accuracy of cricothyroid membrane identification in adult females: a prospective observational study.
- Authors: Drew T, Khan W, McCaul C
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Theoretical optimal cricothyroidotomy incision length in female subjects, following identification of the cricothyroid membrane by digital palpation.
- Authors: Fennessy P, Aslani A, Campbell M, Husarova V, Duggan M, McCaul CL
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Ultrasound Is Superior to Palpation in Identifying the Cricothyroid Membrane in Subjects with Poorly Defined Neck Landmarks: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Siddiqui N, Yu E, Boulis S, You-Ten KE
- Issue date: 2018 Dec