Body composition by computed tomography as a predictor of toxicity in patients with renal cell carcinoma treated with sunitinib.
AuthorsCushen, Samantha J
Power, Derek G
Teo, Min Y
Maher, Michael M
Ryan, Aoife M
Affiliation*Department of Food & Nutritional Sciences ∥School of Mathematical Science, University College Cork †Department of Medical Oncology, Mercy & Cork University Hospitals §Department of Radiology, Mercy University Hospital, Cork ‡Department Medical Oncology, Adelaide & Meath Hospital incorporating National Children's Hospital, Tallaght, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBody Composition by Computed Tomography as a Predictor of Toxicity in Patients With Renal Cell Carcinoma Treated With Sunitinib. 2014: Am. J. Clin. Oncol.
JournalAmerican journal of clinical oncology
AbstractSunitinib is a standard first-line option for metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC). Body composition is a prognostic factor in cancer patients and patients with loss of skeletal muscle mass and fat-free mass (FFM) are prone to dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) during targeted drug therapy. We investigated whether body composition by computed tomography predicted DLT from sunitinib in mRCC.
- Sarcopenia and body mass index predict sunitinib-induced early dose-limiting toxicities in renal cancer patients.
- Authors: Huillard O, Mir O, Peyromaure M, Tlemsani C, Giroux J, Boudou-Rouquette P, Ropert S, Delongchamps NB, Zerbib M, Goldwasser F
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 19
- Low body mass index and sarcopenia associated with dose-limiting toxicity of sorafenib in patients with renal cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Antoun S, Baracos VE, Birdsell L, Escudier B, Sawyer MB
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Impact of body composition parameters on clinical outcomes in patients with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer treated with docetaxel.
- Authors: Cushen SJ, Power DG, Murphy KP, McDermott R, Griffin BT, Lim M, Daly L, MacEneaney P, O' Sullivan K, Prado CM, Ryan AM
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Prediction of Everolimus Toxicity and Prognostic Value of Skeletal Muscle Index in Patients With Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma.
- Authors: Auclin E, Bourillon C, De Maio E, By MA, Seddik S, Fournier L, Auvray M, Dautruche A, Vano YA, Thibault C, Joly F, Brunereau L, Gomez-Roca C, Chevreau C, Elaidi R, Oudard S
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Risk factors and model for predicting toxicity-related treatment discontinuation in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with vascular endothelial growth factor-targeted therapy: Results from the International Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma Database Consortium.
- Authors: Kaymakcalan MD, Xie W, Albiges L, North SA, Kollmannsberger CK, Smoragiewicz M, Kroeger N, Wells JC, Rha SY, Lee JL, McKay RR, Fay AP, De Velasco G, Heng DY, Choueiri TK
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 1