Body composition by computed tomography as a predictor of toxicity in patients with renal cell carcinoma treated with sunitinib.
AuthorsCushen, Samantha J
Power, Derek G
Teo, Min Y
Maher, Michael M
Ryan, Aoife M
Affiliation*Department of Food & Nutritional Sciences ∥School of Mathematical Science, University College Cork †Department of Medical Oncology, Mercy & Cork University Hospitals §Department of Radiology, Mercy University Hospital, Cork ‡Department Medical Oncology, Adelaide & Meath Hospital incorporating National Children's Hospital, Tallaght, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBody Composition by Computed Tomography as a Predictor of Toxicity in Patients With Renal Cell Carcinoma Treated With Sunitinib. 2014: Am. J. Clin. Oncol.
JournalAmerican journal of clinical oncology
AbstractSunitinib is a standard first-line option for metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC). Body composition is a prognostic factor in cancer patients and patients with loss of skeletal muscle mass and fat-free mass (FFM) are prone to dose-limiting toxicity (DLT) during targeted drug therapy. We investigated whether body composition by computed tomography predicted DLT from sunitinib in mRCC.
- Sarcopenia and body mass index predict sunitinib-induced early dose-limiting toxicities in renal cancer patients.
- Authors: Huillard O, Mir O, Peyromaure M, Tlemsani C, Giroux J, Boudou-Rouquette P, Ropert S, Delongchamps NB, Zerbib M, Goldwasser F
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 19
- Impact of body composition parameters on clinical outcomes in patients with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer treated with docetaxel.
- Authors: Cushen SJ, Power DG, Murphy KP, McDermott R, Griffin BT, Lim M, Daly L, MacEneaney P, O' Sullivan K, Prado CM, Ryan AM
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Low body mass index and sarcopenia associated with dose-limiting toxicity of sorafenib in patients with renal cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Antoun S, Baracos VE, Birdsell L, Escudier B, Sawyer MB
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Prediction of Everolimus Toxicity and Prognostic Value of Skeletal Muscle Index in Patients With Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma.
- Authors: Auclin E, Bourillon C, De Maio E, By MA, Seddik S, Fournier L, Auvray M, Dautruche A, Vano YA, Thibault C, Joly F, Brunereau L, Gomez-Roca C, Chevreau C, Elaidi R, Oudard S
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Changes in skeletal muscle area and lean body mass during pazopanib vs sunitinib therapy for metastatic renal cancer.
- Authors: Köstek O, Yılmaz E, Hacıoğlu MB, Demircan NC, Gökyer A, Uzunoğlu S, Tunçbilek N, Çiçin İ, Erdoğan B
- Issue date: 2019 Apr