Global DNA methylation is altered by neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancer and may predict response to treatment - A pilot study.
AffiliationDepartment of Surgical Research, Connolly Hospital & RCSI, Blanchardstown, Dublin, Ireland. Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local subject classificationCANCER, RECTAL
MetadataShow full item record
CitationTsang JS et al. Global DNA methylation is altered by neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancer and may predict response to treatment - a pilot study. Eur J Surg Oncol 2014
JournalEuropean journal of surgical oncology : the journal of the European Society of Surgical Oncology and the British Association of Surgical Oncology
AbstractIn rectal cancer, not all tumours display a response to neoadjuvant treatment. An accurate predictor of response does not exist to guide patient-specific treatment. DNA methylation is a distinctive molecular pathway in colorectal carcinogenesis. Whether DNA methylation is altered by neoadjuvant treatment and a potential response predictor is unknown. We aimed to determine whether DNA methylation is altered by neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy (CRT) and to determine its role in predicting response to treatment.
- The use of molecular markers as a method to predict the response to neoadjuvant therapy for advanced stage rectal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Edden Y, Wexner SD, Berho M
- Issue date: 2012 May
- The prognostic value of tumour regression grade following neoadjuvant chemoradiation therapy for rectal cancer.
- Authors: Abdul-Jalil KI, Sheehan KM, Kehoe J, Cummins R, O'Grady A, McNamara DA, Deasy J, Breathnach O, Grogan L, O'Neill BD, Faul C, Parker I, Kay EW, Hennessy BT, Gillen P
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Rsf-1 expression in rectal cancer: with special emphasis on the independent prognostic value after neoadjuvant chemoradiation.
- Authors: Lin CY, Tian YF, Wu LC, Chen LT, Lin LC, Hsing CH, Lee SW, Sheu MJ, Lee HH, Wang YH, Shiue YL, Wu WR, Huang HY, Hsu HP, Li CF, Chen SH
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- Pathological correlation with diffusion restriction on diffusion-weighted imaging in patients with pathological complete response after neoadjuvant chemoradiation therapy for locally advanced rectal cancer: preliminary results.
- Authors: Jang KM, Kim SH, Choi D, Lee SJ, Park MJ, Min K
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- The role of tissue diagnosis prior to neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancer.
- Authors: Daniel ES, Gibbs P, Guerrieri M, Faragher I
- Issue date: 2014 Oct