Malformation risks of antiepileptic drug monotherapies in pregnancy: updated results from the UK and Ireland Epilepsy and Pregnancy Registers.
Smithson, W H
Morrison, P J
Hunt, S J
AffiliationNeurology Department, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, Co Antrim, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMalformation risks of antiepileptic drug monotherapies in pregnancy: updated results from the UK and Ireland Epilepsy and Pregnancy Registers. 2014, 85 (9):1029-34 J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatr.
JournalJournal of neurology, neurosurgery, and psychiatry
AbstractAntiepileptic drug (AED) exposure during pregnancy increases the risk of major congenital malformations (MCMs). The magnitude of this risk varies by AED exposure. Here we provide updated results from the UK Epilepsy and Pregnancy Register of the risk of MCMs after monotherapy exposure to valproate, carbamazepine and lamotrigine.
- Dose-dependent risk of malformations with antiepileptic drugs: an analysis of data from the EURAP epilepsy and pregnancy registry.
- Authors: Tomson T, Battino D, Bonizzoni E, Craig J, Lindhout D, Sabers A, Perucca E, Vajda F, EURAP study group.
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Malformation risks of antiepileptic drugs in pregnancy: a prospective study from the UK Epilepsy and Pregnancy Register.
- Authors: Morrow J, Russell A, Guthrie E, Parsons L, Robertson I, Waddell R, Irwin B, McGivern RC, Morrison PJ, Craig J
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Levetiracetam in pregnancy: results from the UK and Ireland epilepsy and pregnancy registers.
- Authors: Mawhinney E, Craig J, Morrow J, Russell A, Smithson WH, Parsons L, Morrison PJ, Liggan B, Irwin B, Delanty N, Hunt SJ
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 22
- Changing antiepilepsy drug-prescribing trends in women with epilepsy in the UK and Ireland and the impact on major congenital malformations.
- Authors: Kinney MO, Morrow J, Patterson CC, Campbell E, Russell A, Smithson HW, Parsons L, Morrison PJ, Bromley R, Liggan B, Delanty N, Irwin B, Hunt SJ, Craig JJ
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Final results from 18 years of the International Lamotrigine Pregnancy Registry.
- Authors: Cunnington MC, Weil JG, Messenheimer JA, Ferber S, Yerby M, Tennis P
- Issue date: 2011 May 24