Two-stage reconstruction with the modified Paneva-Holevich technique.
AffiliationDepartment of Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, 535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Local subject classificationSURGERY, ORTHOPAEDIC
Prostheses and Implants
Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
MetadataShow full item record
CitationO'Shea K, Wolfe SW. Two-stage reconstruction with the modified Paneva-Holevich technique. Hand Clin. 2013, 29 (2):223-33
AbstractFlexor tendon reconstruction poses both a technical challenge to the hand surgeon and a rehabilitative challenge to the patient and therapist. The modified Paneva-Holevich technique, using a pedicled intra-synovial graft, is a safe and reliable means of staged flexor tendon reconstruction, offering a number of theoretical advantages over classic free-tendon grafting techniques. Clinical outcomes are at the least comparable, if not superior, to those achieved following free-tendon techniques with most authors reporting a low requirement for third stage tenolysis.
- [Secondary reconstruction of flexor tendon function of the fingers].
- Authors: Brug E, Wetterkamp D, Neuber M, Probst A
- Issue date: 1998 Jun
- [Treatment Options for Inveterate Injuries of Deep Finger Flexors - Primary Transplantation with Tendon Graft].
- Authors: Sukop A, Tichá P, Molitor M
- Issue date: 2018
- [Reconstruction of flexor tendons of the hand (author's transl)].
- Authors: Geldmacher J
- Issue date: 1981
- Rehabilitation of flexor and extensor tendon injuries in the hand: current updates.
- Authors: Howell JW, Peck F
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Early motion after flexor tendon surgery.
- Authors: Wang AW, Gupta A
- Issue date: 1996 Feb