Systematic review and meta-analysis of wound drains after thyroid surgery.
AffiliationDepartment of Otolaryngology, Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Local subject classificationWOUND CARE
EAR, NOSE AND THROAT
Length of Stay
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationWoods RSR et al. Systematic review and meta-analysis of wound drains after thyroid surgery. 2014, 101 (5):446-56 Br J Surg
JournalThe British journal of surgery
AbstractDrainage after routine thyroid and parathyroid surgery remains controversial. However, there is increasing evidence from a number of randomized clinical trials (RCTs) suggesting no benefit from the use of drains.
- Wound drains following thyroid surgery.
- Authors: Samraj K, Gurusamy KS
- Issue date: 2007 Oct 17
- The use of drains following thyroid and parathyroid surgery: a meta-analysis.
- Authors: Pothier DD
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- Wound drainage after plastic and reconstructive surgery of the breast.
- Authors: Khan SM, Smeulders MJ, Van der Horst CM
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 21
- Drains in thyroid and parathyroid surgery. Are they necessary?
- Authors: Wax MK, Valiulis AP, Hurst MK
- Issue date: 1995 Sep
- A randomised controlled trial of routine suction drainage after elective thyroid and parathyroid surgery with ultrasound evaluation of fluid collection.
- Authors: Ahluwalia S, Hannan SA, Mehrzad H, Crofton M, Tolley NS
- Issue date: 2007 Feb