Prevalence and clinical significance of chondromalacia isolated to the anterior margin of the lateral femoral condyle as a component of patellofemoral disease: observations at MR imaging.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Local subject classificationCARTILAGE
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
Reproducibility of Results
Sensitivity and Specificity
MetadataShow full item record
CitationChan VO et al. Prevalence and clinical significance of chondromalacia isolated to the anterior margin of the lateral femoral condyle as a component of patellofemoral disease: observations at MR imaging. Skeletal Radiol. 2013, 42 (8):1127-33
AbstractTo determine the prevalence of chondromalacia isolated to the anterior margin of the lateral femoral condyle as a component of patellofemoral disease in patients with anterior knee pain and to correlate it with patient demographics, patellar shape, and patellofemoral alignment.
- MRI quantitative morphologic analysis of patellofemoral region: lack of correlation with chondromalacia patellae at surgery.
- Authors: Endo Y, Schweitzer ME, Bordalo-Rodrigues M, Rokito AS, Babb JS
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- Reliability of clinical findings and magnetic resonance imaging for the diagnosis of chondromalacia patellae.
- Authors: Pihlajamäki HK, Kuikka PI, Leppänen VV, Kiuru MJ, Mattila VM
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Sharp margin of antero-inferior lateral femoral condyle as a risk factor for patellar tendon-lateral femoral condyle friction syndrome.
- Authors: Li J, Sheng B, Liu X, Yu F, Lv F, Lv F, Yang H
- Issue date: 2020 Apr
- Sagittal plane tilting deformity of the patellofemoral joint: a new concept in patients with chondromalacia patella.
- Authors: Aksahin E, Aktekin CN, Kocadal O, Duran S, Gunay C, Kaya D, Hapa O, Pepe M
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Full arthroscopic lateral retinacular release with hook knife and quadriceps pressure-pull test: long-term follow-up.
- Authors: Calpur OU, Ozcan M, Gurbuz H, Turan FN
- Issue date: 2005 Apr