ADAM-17: a novel therapeutic target for triple negative breast cancer.
AuthorsMcGowan, P M
Madden, S F
Maguire, A A
McDermott, E W
Duffy, M J
AffiliationDepartment of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, St Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Local subject classificationCELL BIOLOGY
Cell Line, Tumor
Molecular Targeted Therapy
Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor
Transforming Growth Factor alpha
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMcGowan PM et al. ADAM-17: a novel therapeutic target for triple negative breast cancer. Ann. Oncol. 2013, 24 (2):362-9
JournalAnnals of oncology : official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology / ESMO
AbstractValidated targeted therapy is currently unavailable for patients with invasive breast cancer negative for oestrogen receptors, progesterone receptors and HER2 [i.e., those with triple-negative (TN) disease]. ADAM-17 is a protease involved in the activations of several ligands that bind to and promotes intracellular signalling from the EGFR/HER family of receptors.
- Epidermal growth factor receptor as a potential therapeutic target in triple-negative breast cancer.
- Authors: Corkery B, Crown J, Clynes M, O'Donovan N
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Insulin-like growth factor-dependent proliferation and survival of triple-negative breast cancer cells: implications for therapy.
- Authors: Davison Z, de Blacquière GE, Westley BR, May FE
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- TACE-dependent TGFα shedding drives triple-negative breast cancer cell invasion.
- Authors: Giricz O, Calvo V, Peterson EA, Abouzeid CM, Kenny PA
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 1
- Combinatorial effects of lapatinib and rapamycin in triple-negative breast cancer cells.
- Authors: Liu T, Yacoub R, Taliaferro-Smith LD, Sun SY, Graham TR, Dolan R, Lobo C, Tighiouart M, Yang L, Adams A, O'Regan RM
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Inactivation of GPR30 reduces growth of triple-negative breast cancer cells: possible application in targeted therapy.
- Authors: Girgert R, Emons G, Gründker C
- Issue date: 2012 Jul