ADAM-17: a novel therapeutic target for triple negative breast cancer.
AuthorsMcGowan, P M
Madden, S F
Maguire, A A
McDermott, E W
Duffy, M J
AffiliationDepartment of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, St Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
Local subject classificationCELL BIOLOGY
Cell Line, Tumor
Molecular Targeted Therapy
Receptor, Epidermal Growth Factor
Transforming Growth Factor alpha
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMcGowan PM et al. ADAM-17: a novel therapeutic target for triple negative breast cancer. Ann. Oncol. 2013, 24 (2):362-9
JournalAnnals of oncology : official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology / ESMO
AbstractValidated targeted therapy is currently unavailable for patients with invasive breast cancer negative for oestrogen receptors, progesterone receptors and HER2 [i.e., those with triple-negative (TN) disease]. ADAM-17 is a protease involved in the activations of several ligands that bind to and promotes intracellular signalling from the EGFR/HER family of receptors.
- Epidermal growth factor receptor as a potential therapeutic target in triple-negative breast cancer.
- Authors: Corkery B, Crown J, Clynes M, O'Donovan N
- Issue date: 2009 May
- TACE-dependent TGFα shedding drives triple-negative breast cancer cell invasion.
- Authors: Giricz O, Calvo V, Peterson EA, Abouzeid CM, Kenny PA
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 1
- Combinatorial effects of lapatinib and rapamycin in triple-negative breast cancer cells.
- Authors: Liu T, Yacoub R, Taliaferro-Smith LD, Sun SY, Graham TR, Dolan R, Lobo C, Tighiouart M, Yang L, Adams A, O'Regan RM
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Short preoperative treatment with erlotinib inhibits tumor cell proliferation in hormone receptor-positive breast cancers.
- Authors: Guix M, Granja Nde M, Meszoely I, Adkins TB, Wieman BM, Frierson KE, Sanchez V, Sanders ME, Grau AM, Mayer IA, Pestano G, Shyr Y, Muthuswamy S, Calvo B, Krontiras H, Krop IE, Kelley MC, Arteaga CL
- Issue date: 2008 Feb 20
- Targeted therapy for triple-negative breast cancer: where are we?
- Authors: Duffy MJ, McGowan PM, Crown J
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 1