Endobronchial cryotherapy facilitates end-stage treatment options in patients with bronchial stenosis: A case series.
AffiliationDepartment of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin 7, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFitzmaurice GJ et al. Endobronchial cryotherapy facilitates end-stage treatment options in patients with bronchial stenosis: A case series. Ann Thorac Med. 2014, 9 (2):120-3
JournalAnnals of thoracic medicine
AbstractIn keeping with international trends, lung cancer incidence and mortality are increasing among the Irish population with many patients presenting with advanced disease that excludes the potential for curative management. Consequently palliative treatment options for this patient group are being increasingly explored with various degrees of success. Endobronchial stenosis represents a particularly challenging area of management among these patients and a number of techniques have been described without the identification of a single gold standard. We report our experience of the first time use of endobronchial cryotherapy in Ireland with reference to a case series, including an example of its use in the management of benign disease, in order to support patients with borderline lung function and enable definitive palliative treatment.
- [Restenosis and its management after metallic stents implantation in benign tracheal and main bronchial stenosis].
- Authors: Yao XP, Li Q, Bai C, Huang Y, Dong YC, Liu ZL, Wang Q
- Issue date: 2005 Dec
- Recent advances in managing non-small-cell lung cancer: 5. Endobronchial palliative therapy.
- Authors: Bowman RV
- Issue date: 1997 Jun 2
- Endobronchial management of advanced lung cancer.
- Authors: Simoff MJ
- Issue date: 2001 Jul-Aug
- Endoluminal cryotherapy in the management of endobronchial metastatic tumors of extrapulmonary origin.
- Authors: Eaton D, Beeson J, Maiwand O, Anikin V
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Palliative Cryotherapy of Aggressive Endobronchial Parotid Carcinoma ex Pleomorphic Adenoma: A Case Report.
- Authors: Stocks JP, Escobar SJ
- Issue date: 2015 Dec