Neck narrowing in resurfacing hip arthroplasty: a vascular insult?
AffiliationCappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Finglas, Dublin 11, Ireland. email@example.com
Local subject classificationSURGERY, ORTHOPAEDIC
Aged, 80 and over
Arthroplasty, Replacement, Hip
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBrennan SA et al. Neck narrowing in resurfacing hip arthroplasty: a vascular insult? Ir J Med Sci. 2013, 182 (2):201-5
PublisherIrish journal of medical science
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractRecent reports show increased failure rates in hip resurfacings that display >10 % neck narrowing. The etiology of neck narrowing remains unknown.
- Narrowing of the neck in resurfacing arthroplasty of the hip: a radiological study.
- Authors: Hing CB, Young DA, Dalziel RE, Bailey M, Back DL, Shimmin AJ
- Issue date: 2007 Aug
- Impingement between the acetabular cup and the femoral neck after hip resurfacing arthroplasty.
- Authors: Yoo MC, Cho YJ, Chun YS, Rhyu KH
- Issue date: 2011 May
- Femoral neck resorption following hybrid metal-on-metal hip resurfacing arthroplasty: a radiological and biomechanical analysis.
- Authors: Joseph J, Mullen M, McAuley A, Pillai A
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Incidence and significance of femoral neck narrowing in the first 500 Conserve® Plus series of hip resurfacing cases: a clinical and histologic study.
- Authors: Takamura KM, Yoon J, Ebramzadeh E, Campbell PA, Amstutz HC
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Equal Primary Fixation of Resurfacing Stem, but Inferior Cup Fixation With Anterolateral vs Posterior Surgical Approach. A 2-Year Blinded Randomized Radiostereometric and Dual-energy X-Ray Absorptiometry Study of Metal-on-Metal Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty.
- Authors: Hjorth MH, Lorenzen ND, Søballe K, Jakobsen SS, Stilling M
- Issue date: 2017 Nov