Multimodality treatment of a complex series of parallel pathologies in a 16-year-old male that ultimately leads to bilateral hip arthroplasty surgery: A case report.
AffiliationCappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Finglas, Dublin 11, Ireland.
Local subject classificationSURGERY, ORTHOPAEDIC
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCullen E et al. Multimodality treatment of a complex series of parallel pathologies in a 16-year-old male that ultimately leads to bilateral hip arthroplasty surgery: A case report. Int J Surg Case Rep 2012; 3 (8):372-4
JournalInternational journal of surgery case reports
AbstractFemoral head osteonecrosis is associated with significant sequelae for the patient in the long-term. A combination of factors are thought to contribute to the pathophysiology behind this debilitating disease process.
- [Femoral neck fractures in patients over 50 years old].
- Authors: Simon P, Gouin F, Veillard D, Laffargue P, Ehlinger M, Bel JC, Lopez R, Beaudet P, Luickx F, Molina V, Pidhorz LE, Bigorre N, Rochwerger A, Azam F, Louis ML, Cottias P, Hamonic S, Veillard D, Vogt F, Cambas PM, Tabutin J, Bonnevialle P, Lecoq M, Court C, Sitbon P, Lacoste S, Gagey O, Dujardin F, Gilleron M, Brzakala V, Roussignol X
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- An unusual case of persistent groin pain after total hip arthroplasty: a case report.
- Authors: Konala P, Schaefer TK, Iranpour F, Friederich NF, Hirschmann MT
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 15
- Autologous adipose tissue-derived stem cells induce persistent bone-like tissue in osteonecrotic femoral heads.
- Authors: Pak J
- Issue date: 2012 Jan-Feb
- Cementless short stem hip arthroplasty METHA® as an encouraging option in adults with osteonecrosis of the femoral head.
- Authors: Floerkemeier T, Tscheuschner N, Calliess T, Ezechieli M, Floerkemeier S, Budde S, Windhagen H, von Lewinski G
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- [Surface-replacement total hip arthroplasty in the treatment of the femoral head osteonecrosis].
- Authors: Yu Z, Wang LM, Gui JC, Wu JX, Jiang CZ, Xu Y
- Issue date: 2008 Jan