Multimodality treatment of a complex series of parallel pathologies in a 16-year-old male that ultimately leads to bilateral hip arthroplasty surgery: A case report.
AffiliationCappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Finglas, Dublin 11, Ireland.
Local subject classificationSURGERY, ORTHOPAEDIC
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCullen E et al. Multimodality treatment of a complex series of parallel pathologies in a 16-year-old male that ultimately leads to bilateral hip arthroplasty surgery: A case report. Int J Surg Case Rep 2012; 3 (8):372-4
JournalInternational journal of surgery case reports
AbstractFemoral head osteonecrosis is associated with significant sequelae for the patient in the long-term. A combination of factors are thought to contribute to the pathophysiology behind this debilitating disease process.
- SubcapitalNeck of Femur Fracture in a Case of Osteonecrosis of Femoral Head - Rare Presentation.
- Authors: Shah KA, Desai MM
- Issue date: 2019
- Bilateral avascular necrosis of the femoral head due to the use of heroin: A case report.
- Authors: Ozkunt O, Sarıyılmaz K, Sungur M, Ilen F, Dikici F
- Issue date: 2015
- Metal-on-metal hip resurfacing in osteonecrosis of the femoral head.
- Authors: Revell MP, McBryde CW, Bhatnagar S, Pynsent PB, Treacy RB
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Supercapsular percutaneously-assisted total hip (SuperPath) versus posterolateral total hip arthroplasty in bilateral osteonecrosis of the femoral head: a pilot clinical trial.
- Authors: Meng W, Huang Z, Wang H, Wang D, Luo Z, Bai Y, Gao L, Wang G, Zhou Z
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 31
- Surgical accuracy, function, and quality of life of simultaneous versus staged bilateral Total hip Arthroplasty in patients with Osteonecrosis of the femoral head.
- Authors: Kim SC, Lim YW, Jo WL, Park DC, Lee JW, Kang WW, Kim YS
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 17