Primary ankle arthrodesis for neglected open weber B ankle fracture dislocation.
Walsh, James C
Stephens, Michael M
AffiliationFoot and Ankle Orthopaedic Fellow, Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Local subject classificationSURGERY, ORTHOPAEDIC
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThomason K et al. Primary ankle arthrodesis for neglected open weber B ankle fracture dislocation., 53 (4):446-8 J Foot Ankle Surg
PublisherThe Journal of foot and ankle surgery : official publication of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
JournalThe Journal of foot and ankle surgery : official publication of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
AbstractPrimary ankle arthrodesis used to treat a neglected open ankle fracture dislocation is a unique decision. A 63-year-old man presented to the emergency department with a 5-day-old open fracture dislocation of his right ankle. After thorough soft tissue debridement, primary arthrodesis of the tibiotalar joint was performed using initial Kirschner wire fixation and an external fixator. Definitive soft tissue coverage was later achieved using a latissimus dorsi free flap. The fusion was consolidated to salvage the limb from amputation. The use of primary arthrodesis to treat a compound ankle fracture dislocation has not been previously described.
- Osteonecrosis of distal tibia in open dislocation fractures of the ankle.
- Authors: Blanke F, Loew S, Ferrat P, Valderrabano V, Ochsner PE, Majewski M
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Limb Salvage After Failed Initial Operative Management of Bimalleolar Ankle Fractures in Diabetic Neuropathy.
- Authors: Vaudreuil NJ, Fourman MS, Wukich DK
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Ankle fusion following failed initial treatment of complex ankle fractures in neuropathic diabetics.
- Authors: Wallace SJ, Liskutin TE, Schiff AP, Pinzur MS
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- Dislocation is a risk factor for poor outcome after supination external rotation type ankle fractures.
- Authors: Sculco PK, Lazaro LE, Little MM, Berkes MB, Warner SJ, Helfet DL, Lorich DG
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Bone propeller flap: a staged procedure.
- Authors: Tremp M, Largo RD, Borens O, Schaefer DJ, Kalbermatten DF
- Issue date: 2014 Mar-Apr