Transstyloid, transscaphoid, transcapitate fracture: a variant of scaphocapitate fractures.
AffiliationDepartment of Orthopaedics, Cappagh National Orthopaedic Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Local subject classificationSURGERY, ORTHOPAEDIC
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBurke NG et al. Transstyloid, transscaphoid, transcapitate fracture: a variant of scaphocapitate fractures. BMJ Case Rep. 2014 Mar 31
PublisherBMJ case reports
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractTransstyloid, transscaphoid, transcapitate fractures are uncommon. We report the case of a 28-year-old man who sustained this fracture following direct trauma. The patient was successfully treated by open reduction internal fixation of the scaphoid and proximal capitate fragment, with a good clinical outcome at 1-year follow-up. This pattern is a new variant of scaphocapitate fracture as involves a fracture of the radial styloid as well.
- The scaphocapitate fracture syndrome: a case report and literature analysis.
- Authors: Kim YS, Lee HM, Kim JP
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Scaphocapitate Syndrome With Associated Trans-Scaphoid, Trans-Hamate Perilunate Dislocation: A Case Report and Description of Surgical Fixation.
- Authors: Nunez FA Jr, Luo TD, Jupiter JB, Nunez FA Sr
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Trans-scaphoid, Transcapitate, Transhamate Injury: A Case Report.
- Authors: Kuz JE
- Issue date: 2005 Fall
- Chronic transscaphoid, transcapitate perilunate fracture dislocation of the wrist: Fenton's syndrome.
- Authors: Marcuzzi A, Ozben H, Russomando A, Petit A
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Volarly displaced transscaphoid, translunate, transtriquetrum fracture of the carpus: case report.
- Authors: Shin DH, Shin AY
- Issue date: 2014 Aug