The NOFLO trial: low-flow nasal prongs therapy in weaning nasal continuous positive airway pressure in preterm infants.
AuthorsO'Donnell, Sinéad M
Curry, Sarah J
Buggy, Niamh A
Moynihan, Margaret M
AffiliationCoombe Women and Infants University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
MeSHContinuous Positive Airway Pressure
MetadataShow full item record
CitationO'Donnell SM et al. The NOFLO trial: low-flow nasal prongs therapy in weaning nasal continuous positive airway pressure in preterm infants. J. Pediatr. 2013, 163 (1):79-83
JournalThe Journal of pediatrics
AbstractTo determine if low-flow nasal prongs therapy with room air, compared with no treatment, facilitates weaning from nasal continuous positive airway pressure (NCPAP) in very low birth weight (VLBW, birth weight <1500 g) infants.
- Devices and pressure sources for administration of nasal continuous positive airway pressure (NCPAP) in preterm neonates.
- Authors: De Paoli AG, Davis PG, Faber B, Morley CJ
- Issue date: 2008 Jan 23
- Randomized trial of prongs or mask for nasal continuous positive airway pressure in preterm infants.
- Authors: Kieran EA, Twomey AR, Molloy EJ, Murphy JF, O'Donnell CP
- Issue date: 2012 Nov
- A randomized trial of non-synchronized Nasopharyngeal Intermittent Mandatory Ventilation (nsNIMV) vs. Nasal Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (NCPAP) in the prevention of extubation failure in pre-term < 1,500 grams.
- Authors: Khorana M, Paradeevisut H, Sangtawesin V, Kanjanapatanakul W, Chotigeat U, Ayutthaya JK
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- A multicenter randomized controlled trial comparing effectiveness of two nasal continuous positive airway pressure devices in very-low-birth-weight infants.
- Authors: Bober K, Świetliński J, Zejda J, Kornacka K, Pawlik D, Behrendt J, Gajewska E, Czyżewska M, Korbal P, Witalis J, Walas W, Wilińska M, Turzańska A, Zieliński G, Czeszyńska B, Bachman T
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- A randomized controlled trial of two nasal continuous positive airway pressure levels after extubation in preterm infants.
- Authors: Buzzella B, Claure N, D'Ugard C, Bancalari E
- Issue date: 2014 Jan