Post-endoscopic biliary sphincterotomy bleeding: an interventional radiology approach.
Ryan, J Mark
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, St James Hospital and Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
Local subject classificationRADIOLOGY
Aged, 80 and over
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDunne R et al. Post-endoscopic biliary sphincterotomy bleeding: an interventional radiology approach. Acta Radiol 2013, 54 (10):1159-64
JournalActa radiologica (Stockholm, Sweden : 1987)
AbstractEndoscopic sphincterotomy is an integral component of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. Post-sphincterotomy hemorrhage is a recognized complication. First line treatment involves a variety of endoscopic techniques performed at the time of sphincterotomy. If these are not successful, transcatheter arterial embolization or open surgical vessel ligation are therapeutic considerations.
- Selective embolization for post-endoscopic sphincterotomy bleeding: technical aspects and clinical efficacy.
- Authors: So YH, Choi YH, Chung JW, Jae HJ, Song SY, Park JH
- Issue date: 2012 Jan-Feb
- Transcatheter arterial embolization with N-butyl cyanoacrylate for acute life-threatening gastroduodenal bleeding uncontrolled by endoscopic hemostasis.
- Authors: Morishita H, Yamagami T, Matsumoto T, Asai S, Masui K, Sato H, Majima A, Sato O
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Transcatheter arterial embolization for endoscopically unmanageable non-variceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Authors: Lee HH, Park JM, Chun HJ, Oh JS, Ahn HJ, Choi MG
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Transcatheter arterial embolization in the management of bleeding duodenal ulcers: a 5.5-year retrospective study of treatment and outcome.
- Authors: Larssen L, Moger T, Bjørnbeth BA, Lygren I, Kløw NE
- Issue date: 2008
- Endovascular management of extrahepatic artery hemorrhage after pancreatobiliary surgery: clinical features and outcomes of transcatheter arterial embolization and stent-graft placement.
- Authors: Gwon DI, Ko GY, Sung KB, Shin JH, Kim JH, Yoon HK
- Issue date: 2011 May