Basic surgical training in Ireland: the impact of operative experience, training program allocation and mentorship on trainee satisfaction.
AffiliationRCSI Department of Surgery, Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, Ireland, firstname.lastname@example.org.
MeSHAttitude of Health Personnel
Education, Medical, Graduate
Surgical Procedures, Operative
MetadataShow full item record
CitationO'Sullivan KE, Byrne JS, Walsh TN. Basic surgical training in Ireland: the impact of operative experience, training program allocation and mentorship on trainee satisfaction. Ir J Med Sci. 2013, 182 (4):687-92
JournalIrish journal of medical science
AbstractApplication to the Irish basic surgical training (BST) program in Ireland has decreased progressively over the past 5 years. We hypothesised that this decline was secondary to dissatisfaction with training correlated with reduced operative experience and lack of mentorship among BSTs.
- Trainee Perceptions of the Canadian Cardiac Surgery Workforce: A Survey of Canadian Cardiac Surgery Trainees.
- Authors: Mewhort HE, Quantz MA, Hassan A, Rubens FD, Pozeg ZI, Perrault LP, Feindel CM, Ouzounian M
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Effects of Mentorship on Graduating Vascular Surgery Trainees.
- Authors: Smeds MR, Huynh C, Thrush CR, Moursi MM, Amankwah KS
- Issue date: 2017 Oct
- Appraisal of mentorship in cardiothoracic surgery training.
- Authors: Stephens EH, Goldstone AB, Fiedler AG, Vardas PN, Pattakos G, Lou X, Chen PC, Tchantchaleishvili V
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- A Strategic Approach to Implementation of Medical Mentorship Programs.
- Authors: Caruso TJ, Steinberg DH, Piro N, Walker K, Blankenburg R, Rassbach C, Marquez JL, Katznelson L, Dohn A
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- A Trainee Perspective to Issues Needing Redressal in Current Vascular Surgery Training Programs: Survey Results from 2004 to 2015.
- Authors: Aurshina A, Hingorani A, Iadagarova E, Ascher E, Marks N, Hingorani A, Blumberg SN
- Issue date: 2018 Aug