CT-based estimation of intracavitary gas volumes using threshold-based segmentation: in vitro study to determine the optimal threshold range.
AuthorsMcWilliams, Sebastian Robert
O'Connor, Owen J
McGarrigle, Anne Marie
O'Neill, Siobhan B
Quigley, Eamonn M M
Maher, Michael M
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, University College Cork, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Lung Volume Measurements
Reproducibility of Results
Sensitivity and Specificity
Solitary Pulmonary Nodule
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCT-based estimation of intracavitary gas volumes using threshold-based segmentation: in vitro study to determine the optimal threshold range. 2012, 56 (3):289-94 J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol
JournalJournal of medical imaging and radiation oncology
AbstractThis study investigated the optimal Hounsfield unit (HU) threshold range when using threshold-based segmentation to estimate volumes of contained gas (i.e. intestinal gas) on CT.
- A new method for determining the optimal CT threshold for extracting the upper airway.
- Authors: Nakano H, Mishima K, Ueda Y, Matsushita A, Suga H, Miyawaki Y, Mano T, Mori Y, Ueyama Y
- Issue date: 2013
- Assessment of pulmonary vasculature volume with automated threshold-based 3D quantitative CT volumetry: in vitro and in vivo validation.
- Authors: Liu J, Wu Q, Xu Y, Bai Y, Liu Z, Li H, Zhu J
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Volumetric measurement of synthetic lung nodules with multi-detector row CT: effect of various image reconstruction parameters and segmentation thresholds on measurement accuracy.
- Authors: Goo JM, Tongdee T, Tongdee R, Yeo K, Hildebolt CF, Bae KT
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Influence of different contributions of scatter and attenuation on the threshold values in contrast-based algorithms for volume segmentation.
- Authors: Matheoud R, Della Monica P, Secco C, Loi G, Krengli M, Inglese E, Brambilla M
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- The importance of surrounding tissues and window settings for contouring of moving targets.
- Authors: Borm KJ, Oechsner M, Berndt J, Combs SE, Molls M, Duma MN
- Issue date: 2015 Sep