Clinical unity and community empowerment: the use of smartphone technology to empower community management of chronic venous ulcers through the support of a tertiary unit.
AuthorsQuinn, Edel Marie
Corrigan, Mark A
Lehane, Elaine A
Redmond, Henry Paul
Fulton, Greg J
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClinical unity and community empowerment: the use of smartphone technology to empower community management of chronic venous ulcers through the support of a tertiary unit. 2013, 8 (11):e78786 PLoS ONE
AbstractChronic ulcers affect roughly 60,000 Irish people, at a total cost of €600,000,000, or €10,000 per patient annually. By virtue of their chronicity, these ulcers also contribute a significant burden to tertiary outpatient vascular clinics.
- Assessment and management of leg ulcers in the community and an outpatient clinic.
- Authors: Benoiton LA, Schmidt E, Tarr GP, Thomson IA, Rennie SC, van Rij AM
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 25
- Risk factors for chronic ulceration in patients with varicose veins: a case control study.
- Authors: Robertson L, Lee AJ, Gallagher K, Carmichael SJ, Evans CJ, McKinstry BH, Fraser SC, Allan PL, Weller D, Ruckley CV, Fowkes FG
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Conservative versus surgical treatment of venous leg ulcers: a prospective, randomized, multicenter trial.
- Authors: van Gent WB, Hop WC, van Praag MC, Mackaay AJ, de Boer EM, Wittens CH
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- Ulcer recurrence after in-hospital treatment for recalcitrant venous leg ulceration.
- Authors: Reeder S, de Roos KP, de Maeseneer M, Sommer A, Neumann HA
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Feasibility and acceptance of telemedicine for wound care in patients with chronic leg ulcers.
- Authors: Hofmann-Wellenhof R, Salmhofer W, Binder B, Okcu A, Kerl H, Soyer HP
- Issue date: 2006