Hip and low back pain in the presence of femoral anteversion. A case report.
AffiliationPhysiotherapy Department, Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, Ireland. Electronic address: email@example.com.
KeywordsLOW BACK PAIN
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHip and low back pain in the presence of femoral anteversion. A case report. 2014: Man Ther
AbstractA change in hip morphology, such as femoral anteversion may be a factor in patients with lower quadrant pain. This case study highlights the importance of angle of torsion assessment and consideration of a patient's individual angle in designing rehabilitation programs. A patient who had a four year history of hip pain and a one year history of low back pain, in the presence of femoral anteversion is presented. She was successfully treated by altering her lower limb position as well as performing exercises in this alignment.
- Do post-operative changes of neck-shaft angle and femoral component anteversion have an effect on clinical outcome following uncemented total hip arthroplasty?
- Authors: Müller M, Abdel MP, Wassilew GI, Duda G, Perka C
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- [Becker V-shaped lateral rotation osteotomy in total hip arthroplasty for Crowe type IV development dislocation of hip].
- Authors: Li Y, Ma W, Sun J, Song X, An M, Zhang Q
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Femoral Shaft Torsion in Injured and Uninjured Ballet Dancers and Its Association with Other Hip Measures: A Cross-sectional Study.
- Authors: Hafiz E, Hiller CE, Nicholson LL, Nightingale EJ, Grimaldi A, Refshauge KM
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Effect of flexibility exercise on lumbar angle: a study among non-specific low back pain patients.
- Authors: Purepong N, Jitvimonrat A, Boonyong S, Thaveeratitham P, Pensri P
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Comparison of hip rotation range of motion in judo athletes with and without history of low back pain.
- Authors: Almeida GP, de Souza VL, Sano SS, Saccol MF, Cohen M
- Issue date: 2012 Jun