Myocardial assessment using tissue doppler imaging in preterm very low-birth weight infants before and after red blood cell transfusion.
AffiliationRotunda Hospital Dublin
Local subject classificationLOW BIRTH WEIGHT
Infant, Premature, Diseases
Infant, Very Low Birth Weight
Ventricular Function, Left
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSaleemi MS et al. Myocardial assessment using tissue doppler imaging in preterm very low-birth weight infants before and after red blood cell transfusion. J Perinatol. 2013, 33 (9):681-6
JournalJournal of perinatology : official journal of the California Perinatal Association
AbstractTo investigate myocardial velocities in anemic very low-birth weight (VLBW) preterm infants, pre and post red blood cells transfusion using tissue Doppler imaging echocardiography.
- Functional echocardiographic assessment of myocardial performance in anemic premature infants: a pilot study.
- Authors: Radicioni M, Troiani S, Mezzetti D
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Myocardial adaptation to anemia and red blood cell transfusion in premature infants requiring ventilation support in the 1st postnatal week.
- Authors: Cambonie G, Matecki S, Milési C, Voisin M, Guillaumont S, Picaud JC
- Issue date: 2007
- [Doppler echocardiographic investigation of left ventricular diastolic function in preterm infants with and without a patent ductus arteriosus].
- Authors: Schmitz L, Stiller B, Koehne P, Koch H, Lange PE
- Issue date: 2004 Jan-Feb
- Packed red blood cell transfusion (PRBC) attenuates intestinal blood flow responses to feedings in pre-term neonates with normalization at 24 hours.
- Authors: Pitzele A, Rahimi M, Armbrecht E, Havranek T
- Issue date: 2015
- Acute physiological effects of packed red blood cell transfusion in preterm infants with different degrees of anaemia.
- Authors: Fredrickson LK, Bell EF, Cress GA, Johnson KJ, Zimmerman MB, Mahoney LT, Widness JA, Strauss RG
- Issue date: 2011 Jul