Evaluation of a pilot national online asthma e-learning program for secondary school students.
Local subject classificationONLINE LEARNING
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHughes M, Murphy M. Evaluation of a pilot national online asthma e-learning program for secondary school students. Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs. 2014, 37 (2):136-46
JournalIssues in comprehensive pediatric nursing
AbstractThe results of the pilot demonstrate that the program is effective. Teenagers who have asthma found the e-learning program to be informative and relevant to them. The increase in awareness of asthma among teenagers who did not have asthma is shown to influence their confidence in assisting their peers who are experiencing asthma symptoms.
- Partners in school asthma management: evaluation of a self-management program for children with asthma.
- Authors: Bartholomew LK, Sockrider M, Abramson SL, Swank PR, Czyzewski DI, Tortolero SR, Markham CM, Fernandez ME, Shegog R, Tyrrell S
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Beliefs and self-care practices of adolescents with asthma.
- Authors: Knight D
- Issue date: 2005 Apr-Jun
- A school-based asthma intervention program in the Buffalo, New York, schools.
- Authors: Lwebuga-Mukasa J, Dunn-Georgiou E
- Issue date: 2002 Jan
- Kickin' Asthma: school-based asthma education in an urban community.
- Authors: Magzamen S, Patel B, Davis A, Edelstein J, Tager IB
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- An intervention to increase caregiver support for asthma management in middle school-aged youth.
- Authors: Terpstra JL, Chavez LJ, Ayala GX
- Issue date: 2012 Apr