Perinatal outcomes of women with a prior history of unexplained recurrent miscarriage.
Malone, Fergal D
Local subject classificationMISCARRIAGE
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDempsey M et al. Perinatal outcomes of women with a prior history of unexplained recurrent miscarriage. J. Matern. Fetal. Neonatal. Med. 2014:1-14
JournalThe journal of maternal-fetal & neonatal medicine : the official journal of the European Association of Perinatal Medicine, the Federation of Asia and Oceania Perinatal Societies, the International Society of Perinatal Obstetricians
AbstractAbstract Objective: We sought to determine subsequent pregnancy outcomes in a cohort of women with a history of unexplained RM who were not receiving medical treatment. Study Design: This was a prospective cohort study, of women with a history of three unexplained consecutive first trimester losses, who were recruited and followed in their subsequent pregnancy. Control patients were healthy pregnant patients with no previous adverse perinatal outcome. Results: A total of 42 patients with a history of unexplained RM were recruited to the study. 9 (21.4%) experienced a further first trimester miscarriage, 1 case of ectopic and 1 case of partial molar pregnancy. 74% (23/31) of the RM cohort had a vaginal delivery. There was one case of severe pre-eclampsia. The RM group delivered at a mean gestational age of 38+2 weeks and with a mean birth-weight of 3.23kg. None of the neonates were under the 10(th) centile for gestational age. Overall, there was no significant difference in pregnancy outcomes between the two cohorts. Conclusion: Our study confirms the reassuring prognosis for achieving a live birth in the unexplained RM population with a very low incidence of adverse events with the majority delivering appropriately grown fetuses at term.
- Non-visualized pregnancy losses are prognostically important for unexplained recurrent miscarriage.
- Authors: Kolte AM, van Oppenraaij RH, Quenby S, Farquharson RG, Stephenson M, Goddijn M, Christiansen OB, ESHRE Special Interest Group Early Pregnancy
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Perinatal outcomes in a subsequent pregnancy among women who have experienced recurrent miscarriage: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Field K, Murphy DJ
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Thyroid peroxidase antibody in women with unexplained recurrent miscarriage: prevalence, prognostic value, and response to empirical thyroxine therapy.
- Authors: Yan J, Sripada S, Saravelos SH, Chen ZJ, Egner W, Li TC
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- Time to conception and time to live birth in women with unexplained recurrent miscarriage.
- Authors: Kaandorp SP, van Mens TE, Middeldorp S, Hutten BA, Hof MH, van der Post JA, van der Veen F, Goddijn M
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Platelet function in patients with a history of unexplained recurrent miscarriage who subsequently miscarry again.
- Authors: Dempsey MA, Flood K, Burke N, Murray A, Cotter B, Mullers S, Dicker P, Fletcher P, Geary M, Kenny D, Malone FD
- Issue date: 2015 May