A proposed modification to the McDonald 2010 criteria for the diagnosis of primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Evoked Potentials, Visual
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Multiple Sclerosis, Chronic Progressive
Sensitivity and Specificity
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA proposed modification to the McDonald 2010 criteria for the diagnosis of primary progressive multiple sclerosis. 2013, 19 (8):1095-100 Mult. Scler.
JournalMultiple sclerosis (Houndmills, Basingstoke, England)
AbstractThe diagnostic criteria for primary-progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS) have undergone revision over the last 20 years. Cerebrospinal fluid oligoclonal bands (CSFOBs) have received less emphasis in recent revisions of the McDonald criteria. The aim of this study was to examine the sensitivity of the diagnostic criteria for PPMS with particular reference to spinal cord criteria and examine the utility of CSFOBs in a cohort of PPMS patients.
- Primary progressive multiple sclerosis diagnostic criteria: a reappraisal.
- Authors: Montalban X, Sastre-Garriga J, Filippi M, Khaleeli Z, Téllez N, Vellinga MM, Tur C, Brochet B, Barkhof F, Rovaris M, Miller DH, Polman CH, Rovira A, Thompson AJ
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- The role of MRI of the brain and spinal cord, and CSF examination for the diagnosis of primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
- Authors: Nilsson P, Sandberg-Wollheim M, Norrving B, Larsson EM
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- Primary progressive multiple sclerosis: a comparative study of the diagnostic criteria.
- Authors: de Seze J, Debouverie M, Waucquier N, Steinmetz G, Pittion S, Zephir H, Fleury M, Blanc F, Vermersch P
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Possible new modifications for the McDonald 2010 criteria for the diagnosis of primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
- Authors: Tur C, Montalban X
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Evaluation of the 2010 McDonald multiple sclerosis criteria in children with a clinically isolated syndrome.
- Authors: Kornek B, Schmitl B, Vass K, Zehetmayer S, Pritsch M, Penzien J, Karenfort M, Blaschek A, Seidl R, Prayer D, Rostasy K
- Issue date: 2012 Dec