Pediatric renal transplantation in a highly sensitised child-8 years on.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPediatric renal transplantation in a highly sensitised child-8 years on. 2011, 2011:370596 Case Rep Transplant
JournalCase reports in transplantation
AbstractHighly sensitised children have markedly reduced chances of receiving a successful deceased donor renal transplant, increased risk of rejection, and decreased graft survival. There is limited experience with the long-term followup of children who have undergone desensitization. Following 2 failed transplants, our patient was highly sensitised. She had some immunological response to intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg) but this was not sustained. We developed a protocol involving sequential therapies with rituximab, IVIg, and plasma exchange. Immunosuppressant therapy at transplantation consisted of basiliximab, tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil, and steroids. At the time of transplantation, historical crossmatch was ignored. Current CDC crossmatch was negative, but T and B cell flow crossmatch was positive, due to donor-specific HLA Class I antibodies. Further plasma exchange and immunoglobulin therapy were given pre- and postoperatively. Our patient received a deceased donor-kidney-bearing HLA antigens to which she originally had antibodies, which would have precluded transplant. The graft kidney continues to function well 8 years posttransplant.
- Outcome of desensitization in human leukocyte antigen- and ABO-incompatible living donor kidney transplantation: a single-center experience in more than 100 patients.
- Authors: Al Meshari K, Pall A, Chaballout A, El Gamal H, Al Mana H, Humaidan H, Alzayer F, Al Talhi M
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Frequent development of subclinical chronic antibody-mediated rejection within 1 year after renal transplantation with pre-transplant positive donor-specific antibodies and negative CDC crossmatches.
- Authors: Yamanaga S, Watarai Y, Yamamoto T, Tsujita M, Hiramitsu T, Nanmoku K, Goto N, Takeda A, Morozumi K, Katayama A, Saji H, Uchida K, Kobayashi T
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Highly Sensitized Patients: Miami Transplant Institute Experience.
- Authors: Mattiazzi AD, Centeno A, Amador A, Fernandez-Bango C, Scowby CD, O'Rourke M, Hill-Matthie T, Patel R, Barrios F, Ruiz P, Chen L, Saghesima J, Ciancio G, Burke GW, Goldstein M, Chandar J, Contreras G, Roth D, Kupin W, Guerra G, Vianna R
- Issue date: 2014
- Living-donor kidney transplant in T-cell and B-cell flow cytometry crossmatch-positive patients.
- Authors: Terasaka S, Kitada H, Okabe Y, Kawanami S, Noguchi H, Miyamoto K, Tsuchimoto A, Masutani K, Tanaka M
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Failure of anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody therapy to prevent antibody-mediated rejection in three crossmatch-positive renal transplant recipients.
- Authors: Matignon M, Tagnaouti M, Audard V, Dahan K, Lang P, Grimbert P
- Issue date: 2007 Oct