Are boys and girls that different? An analysis of traumatic brain injury in children.
AuthorsCollins, Niamh C
Phillips, Jack P
Nicholson, Alf J
Hematoma, Epidural, Cranial
Injury Severity Score
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAre boys and girls that different? An analysis of traumatic brain injury in children. 2013, 30 (8):675-8 Emerg Med J
JournalEmergency medicine journal : EMJ
AbstractThe Phillips Report on traumatic brain injury (TBI) in Ireland found that injury was more frequent in men and that gender differences were present in childhood. This study determined when gender differences emerge and examined the effect of gender on the mechanism of injury, injury type and severity and outcome.
- Paediatric head trauma: influence of age and sex. I. Epidemiology.
- Authors: Berney J, Favier J, Froidevaux AC
- Issue date: 1994 Nov
- Patients with severe traumatic brain injury transferred to a Level I or II trauma center: United States, 2007 to 2009.
- Authors: Sugerman DE, Xu L, Pearson WS, Faul M
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Traumatic head injury in infants and toddlers.
- Authors: Myhre MC, Grøgaard JB, Dyb GA, Sandvik L, Nordhov M
- Issue date: 2007 Aug
- Demographics, injury characteristics and outcome of traumatic brain injuries in northern Sweden.
- Authors: Jacobsson LJ, Westerberg M, Lexell J
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- Epidemiology of traumatic brain injury in eastern China, 2004: a prospective large case study.
- Authors: Wu X, Hu J, Zhuo L, Fu C, Hui G, Wang Y, Yang W, Teng L, Lu S, Xu G
- Issue date: 2008 May