The occult nature of intramedullary spinal cord metastases from renal cell carcinoma.
Local subject classificationRENAL CELL CARCINOMA
MeSHCarcinoma, Renal Cell
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Spinal Cord Neoplasms
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe occult nature of intramedullary spinal cord metastases from renal cell carcinoma. 2012, 2012: BMJ Case Rep
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractRenal cell carcinomas (RCC) are characterised by a tendency to metastasise widely, often while remaining occult. Intramedullary spinal cord metastases (ISCM) from RCC may be the presenting feature of the disease or present at any time in the disease course. This case report discusses an ISCM from RCC which became manifested at the time of resection of the primary tumour. We review the literature published on ISCM from RCC from 1990 to date comparing disease characteristics and presentations.
- Metastases to hemangioblastomas in von Hippel-Lindau disease.
- Authors: Jarrell ST, Vortmeyer AO, Linehan WM, Oldfield EH, Lonser RR
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Intramedullary spinal cord metastasis in renal cell carcinoma: a case report of the surgical experience.
- Authors: Park J, Chung SW, Kim KT, Cho DC, Hwang JH, Sung JK, Lee D
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Solitary intramedullary spinal cord tumor presenting as the initial manifestation of metastatic renal cell carcinoma: case report.
- Authors: Donovan DJ, Freeman JH
- Issue date: 2006 Jun 15
- Intramedullary spinal cord metastasis as a first manifestation of a renal cell carcinoma: report of a case and review of the literature.
- Authors: Schijns OE, Kurt E, Wessels P, Luijckx GJ, Beuls EA
- Issue date: 2000 Dec
- Intramedullary Spinal Cord Metastasis from Renal Cell Carcinoma: A Systematic Review of the Literature.
- Authors: Weng Y, Zhan R, Shen J, Pan J, Jiang H, Huang K, Xu K, Huang H
- Issue date: 2018