A mountain among molehills: removing an impinging large femoral neck osteochondroma in a man with hereditary multiple exostoses.
Local subject classificationPROXIMAL FEMORAL EXOSTECTOMY
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA mountain among molehills: removing an impinging large femoral neck osteochondroma in a man with hereditary multiple exostoses. 2014, 2014: BMJ Case Rep
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractA 31-year-old man with a history of hereditary multiple exostoses (HME) presented with persistent right groin pain and reduced hip range of movement. Examination demonstrated a positive FADIR (flexion, adduction and internal rotation) test suggesting femoroacetabular impingement (FAI). Investigations showed multiple sessile osteochondromata of the right femur with a dominant anterolateral femoral neck osteochondroma causing flexion block. The patient underwent an uncomplicated proximal femoral exostectomy. Six-week postoperative pain, range of movement and daily activity had greatly improved. This case highlights that even in the setting of multiple osteochondromata, excellent impingement relief can be achieved following selective proximal femoral exostectomy.
- Surgical hip dislocation according to Ganz for excision of osteochondromas in patients with multiple hereditary exostoses.
- Authors: Sorel JC, Façee Schaeffer M, Homan AS, Scholtes VA, Kempen DH, Ham SJ
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Femoroacetabular Impingement Patients With Decreased Femoral Version Have Different Impingement Locations and Intra- and Extraarticular Anterior Subspine FAI on 3D-CT-Based Impingement Simulation: Implications for Hip Arthroscopy.
- Authors: Lerch TD, Boschung A, Todorski IAS, Steppacher SD, Schmaranzer F, Zheng G, Ryan MK, Siebenrock KA, Tannast M
- Issue date: 2019 Nov
- Real-Time Assessment of Femoroacetabular Motion Using Radial Gradient Echo Magnetic Resonance Arthrography at 3 Tesla in Routine Clinical Practice: A Pilot Study.
- Authors: Burke CJ, Walter WR, Gyftopoulos S, Pham H, Baron S, Gonzalez-Lomas G, Vigdorchik JM, Youm T
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Hip capsular thickness correlates with range of motion limitations in femoroacetabular impingement.
- Authors: Zhang K, de Sa D, Yu H, Choudur HN, Simunovic N, Ayeni OR
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- Solitary osteochondroma of the proximal femur and femoral acetabular impingement.
- Authors: Hussain W, Avedian R, Terry M, Peabody T
- Issue date: 2010 Jan