Metastatic pituitary carcinoma in a patient with acromegaly: a case report.
Local subject classificationMETASTATIC PITUITARY CARCINOMA
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMetastatic pituitary carcinoma in a patient with acromegaly: a case report. 2012, 6 (1):322 J Med Case Rep
JournalJournal of medical case reports
AbstractAsymptomatic pituitary abnormalities occur in about 10% of cranial magnetic resonance imaging scans, but metastatic carcinoma of the pituitary gland is rare: 133 cases have been reported. Two thirds secreted either prolactin or adrenocorticotropic hormone, and another 24% were non-secreting.
- Gonadotropin-secreting pituitary tumor associated with hypersecretion of testosterone and hypogonadism after hypophysectomy.
- Authors: Dizon MN, Vesely DL
- Issue date: 2002 May-Jun
- Hypogonadism, galactorrhoea and hyper-prolactinaemia: Evaluation of pituitary gonadotrophins reserve before and under bromocriptine.
- Authors: Asfour M, L'Hermite M, Hedouin-Quincampoix M, Fossati P
- Issue date: 1977 Apr
- In vivo and in vitro effects of octreotide, quinagolide and cabergoline in four hyperprolactinaemic acromegalics: correlation with somatostatin and dopamine D2 receptor scintigraphy.
- Authors: Ferone D, Pivonello R, Lastoria S, Faggiano A, Del Basso de Caro ML, Cappabianca P, Lombardi G, Colao A
- Issue date: 2001 Apr
- Successful pregnancy in a woman with acromegaly treated with octreotide.
- Authors: Neal JM
- Issue date: 2000 Mar-Apr
- Transformation of a pituitary macroadenoma into to a corticotropin-secreting carcinoma over 16 years.
- Authors: Brown RL, Wollman R, Weiss RE
- Issue date: 2007 Sep