Metastatic pituitary carcinoma in a patient with acromegaly: a case report.
Local subject classificationMETASTATIC PITUITARY CARCINOMA
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMetastatic pituitary carcinoma in a patient with acromegaly: a case report. 2012, 6 (1):322 J Med Case Rep
JournalJournal of medical case reports
AbstractAsymptomatic pituitary abnormalities occur in about 10% of cranial magnetic resonance imaging scans, but metastatic carcinoma of the pituitary gland is rare: 133 cases have been reported. Two thirds secreted either prolactin or adrenocorticotropic hormone, and another 24% were non-secreting.
- A rare challenging case of co-existent craniopharyngioma, acromegaly and squamous cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Fountas A, Chai ST, Ayuk J, Gittoes N, Chavda S, Karavitaki N
- Issue date: 2018
- Cabergoline therapy of growth hormone & growth hormone/prolactin secreting pituitary tumors.
- Authors: Freda PU, Reyes CM, Nuruzzaman AT, Sundeen RE, Khandji AG, Post KD
- Issue date: 2004
- Hypogonadism, galactorrhoea and hyper-prolactinaemia: Evaluation of pituitary gonadotrophins reserve before and under bromocriptine.
- Authors: Asfour M, L'Hermite M, Hedouin-Quincampoix M, Fossati P
- Issue date: 1977 Apr
- Acromegaly and somatotroph hyperplasia with adenomatous transformation due to pituitary metastasis of a growth hormone-releasing hormone-secreting pulmonary endocrine carcinoma.
- Authors: Nasr C, Mason A, Mayberg M, Staugaitis SM, Asa SL
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Technetium-99m pentavalent dimercaptosuccinic acid imaging in patients with pituitary adenomas.
- Authors: Lastoria S, Colao A, Vergara E, Ferone D, Varrella P, Merola B, Lombardi G, Salvatore M
- Issue date: 1995 Jul