Creation of an iliac arteriovenous shunt lowers blood pressure in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients with hypertension.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationFaul J et al. Creation of an iliac arteriovenous shunt lowers blood pressure in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients with hypertension. 2014: J. Vasc. Surg. [Epub 2014 Jan 28]
JournalJournal of vascular surgery
AbstractVasodilators are used with caution in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). We have developed a device for percutaneous arteriovenous shunt creation in the iliac region to increase cardiac output and oxygen delivery for patients with COPD. Although this device does not cause significant blood pressure changes in normotensive patients with COPD, we hypothesized that arteriovenous shunt creation might cause vasodilator effects in hypertensive patients because of a reduction in vascular resistance.
- Percutaneous femoral arteriovenous shunt creation for advanced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a single-center safety and efficacy study.
- Authors: Bertog SC, Kolmer C, Kleschnew S, Franke J, Wunderlich N, Kardos P, Sievert H
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 1
- Central Iliac Arteriovenous Anastomosis for Uncontrolled Hypertension: One-Year Results From the ROX CONTROL HTN Trial.
- Authors: Lobo MD, Ott C, Sobotka PA, Saxena M, Stanton A, Cockcroft JR, Sulke N, Dolan E, van der Giet M, Hoyer J, Furniss SS, Foran JP, Witkowski A, Januszewicz A, Schoors D, Tsioufis K, Rensing BJ, Scott B, Ng GA, Schmieder RE
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- The ROX coupler: creation of a fixed iliac arteriovenous anastomosis for the treatment of uncontrolled systemic arterial hypertension, exploiting the physical properties of the arterial vasculature.
- Authors: Foran JP, Jain AK, Casserly IP, Kandzari DE, Rocha-Singh KJ, Witkowski A, Katzen BT, Deaton D, Balmforth P, Sobotka PA
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- The use of a novel ROX central arteriovenous fistula formation device in a patient with severe drug-resistant hypertension and prior aortic graft.
- Authors: Hensey M, Smyth E, Gilroy E, Galvin J
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Effect of Arteriovenous Anastomosis on Blood Pressure Reduction in Patients With Isolated Systolic Hypertension Compared With Combined Hypertension.
- Authors: Ott C, Lobo MD, Sobotka PA, Mahfoud F, Stanton A, Cockcroft J, Sulke N, Dolan E, van der Giet M, Hoyer J, Furniss SS, Foran JP, Witkowski A, Januszewicz A, Schoors D, Tsioufis K, Rensing BJ, Saxena M, Scott B, Ng GA, Achenbach S, Schmieder RE
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 21