MRI-based brain structure volumes in temporal lobe epilepsy patients and their unaffected siblings: a preliminary study.
Doherty, Colin P
Cavalleri, Gianpiero L
Iyer, Parameswaran M
Local subject classificationBRAIN STRUCTURE
Epilepsy, Temporal Lobe
Genetic Predisposition to Disease
Image Interpretation, Computer-Assisted
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Reproducibility of Results
Sensitivity and Specificity
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMRI-based brain structure volumes in temporal lobe epilepsy patients and their unaffected siblings: a preliminary study. 2013, 23 (1):64-70 J Neuroimaging
JournalJournal of neuroimaging : official journal of the American Society of Neuroimaging
AbstractInvestigating the heritability of brain structure may be useful in simplifying complicated genetic studies in temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE). A preliminary study is presented to determine if volume deficits of candidate brain structures present at a higher rate in unaffected siblings than controls subjects.
- Whole-brain voxel-based statistical analysis of gray matter and white matter in temporal lobe epilepsy.
- Authors: Bernasconi N, Duchesne S, Janke A, Lerch J, Collins DL, Bernasconi A
- Issue date: 2004 Oct
- [Reduction of gray and white matters in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy and its correlation with disease duration].
- Authors: Lu JJ, Li WJ, He HG, Feng F, Jin ZY, Wu LW
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Voxel-by-voxel comparison of automatically segmented cerebral gray matter--A rater-independent comparison of structural MRI in patients with epilepsy.
- Authors: Woermann FG, Free SL, Koepp MJ, Ashburner J, Duncan JS
- Issue date: 1999 Oct
- Thalamic diffusion and volumetry in temporal lobe epilepsy with and without mesial temporal sclerosis.
- Authors: Gong G, Concha L, Beaulieu C, Gross DW
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- A cross-sectional MRI study of brain regional atrophy and clinical characteristics of temporal lobe epilepsy with hippocampal sclerosis.
- Authors: Alhusaini S, Doherty CP, Scanlon C, Ronan L, Maguire S, Borgulya G, Brennan P, Delanty N, Fitzsimons M, Cavalleri GL
- Issue date: 2012 Mar