MRI-based brain structure volumes in temporal lobe epilepsy patients and their unaffected siblings: a preliminary study.
Doherty, Colin P
Cavalleri, Gianpiero L
Iyer, Parameswaran M
Local subject classificationBRAIN STRUCTURE
Epilepsy, Temporal Lobe
Genetic Predisposition to Disease
Image Interpretation, Computer-Assisted
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Reproducibility of Results
Sensitivity and Specificity
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMRI-based brain structure volumes in temporal lobe epilepsy patients and their unaffected siblings: a preliminary study. 2013, 23 (1):64-70 J Neuroimaging
JournalJournal of neuroimaging : official journal of the American Society of Neuroimaging
AbstractInvestigating the heritability of brain structure may be useful in simplifying complicated genetic studies in temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE). A preliminary study is presented to determine if volume deficits of candidate brain structures present at a higher rate in unaffected siblings than controls subjects.
- Heritability of subcortical volumetric traits in mesial temporal lobe epilepsy.
- Authors: Alhusaini S, Scanlon C, Ronan L, Maguire S, Meaney JF, Fagan AJ, Boyle G, Borgulya G, Iyer PM, Brennan P, Costello D, Chaila E, Fitzsimons M, Doherty CP, Delanty N, Cavalleri GL
- Issue date: 2013
- Whole-brain voxel-based statistical analysis of gray matter and white matter in temporal lobe epilepsy.
- Authors: Bernasconi N, Duchesne S, Janke A, Lerch J, Collins DL, Bernasconi A
- Issue date: 2004 Oct
- [Reduction of gray and white matters in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy and its correlation with disease duration].
- Authors: Lu JJ, Li WJ, He HG, Feng F, Jin ZY, Wu LW
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Voxel-by-voxel comparison of automatically segmented cerebral gray matter--A rater-independent comparison of structural MRI in patients with epilepsy.
- Authors: Woermann FG, Free SL, Koepp MJ, Ashburner J, Duncan JS
- Issue date: 1999 Oct
- Thalamic diffusion and volumetry in temporal lobe epilepsy with and without mesial temporal sclerosis.
- Authors: Gong G, Concha L, Beaulieu C, Gross DW
- Issue date: 2008 Aug