Chronic constipation causing obstructive nephropathy in a delayed toddler.
KeywordsEMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE
Local subject classificationNEPHROLOGY
MeSHAcute Kidney Injury
Urinary Bladder Neck Obstruction
MetadataShow full item record
CitationChronic constipation causing obstructive nephropathy in a delayed toddler. 2012, 2012: BMJ Case Rep
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractChronic constipation causing obstructive nephropathy is very rare in children. However, it can cause urinary tract obstruction with acute impairment of renal function with a need for emergent disimpaction. The authors discuss a 2 years 4 months old child who presented to our emergency department with acute renal failure due to faecal impaction.
- Chronic constipation causing obstructive uropathy in an adolescent male.
- Authors: Ruoss KA, O'Sullivan R
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- An infantile case of Hinman syndrome with severe acute renal failure.
- Authors: Chaichanamongkol V, Ikeda M, Ishikura K, Hamasaki Y, Hataya H, Satoh H, Asanuma H, Shishido S, Honda M
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- Severe post-renal acute kidney injury, post-obstructive diuresis and renal recovery.
- Authors: Hamdi A, Hajage D, Van Glabeke E, Belenfant X, Vincent F, Gonzalez F, Ciroldi M, Obadia E, Chelha R, Pallot JL, Das V
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Urinary obstruction causes irreversible renal failure by inducing chronic tubulointerstitial nephritis.
- Authors: Coroneos E, Assouad M, Krishnan B, Truong LD
- Issue date: 1997 Aug
- Unusual presentation of bladder myeloid sarcoma causing acute renal failure: case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: John S, Ahmad HA, Dunn T, Kern W, Holter J, Cherry M
- Issue date: 2013 Jun