The impact of routine open nonsuction drainage on fluid accumulation after thyroid surgery: a prospective randomised clinical trial.
AuthorsNeary, Peter M
O'Connor, Owen J
Quinn, Edel M
Kelly, Justin J
Cahill, Ronan A
Redmond, Henry P
Local subject classificationTHYROID
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe impact of routine open nonsuction drainage on fluid accumulation after thyroid surgery: a prospective randomised clinical trial. 2012, 10:72 World J Surg Oncol
JournalWorld journal of surgical oncology
AbstractThyroid drains following thyroid surgery are routinely used despite minimal supportive evidence. Our aim in this study is to determine the impact of routine open drainage of the thyroid bed postoperatively on ultrasound-determined fluid accumulation at 24 hours.
- Is the routine drainage after surgery for thyroid necessary? A prospective randomized clinical study [ISRCTN63623153].
- Authors: Khanna J, Mohil RS, Chintamani, Bhatnagar D, Mittal MK, Sahoo M, Mehrotra M
- Issue date: 2005 May 19
- Is lack of placement of drains after thyroidectomy with central neck dissection safe? A prospective, randomized study.
- Authors: Lee SW, Choi EC, Lee YM, Lee JY, Kim SC, Koh YW
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- Drainage after total thyroidectomy or lobectomy for benign thyroidal disorders.
- Authors: Colak T, Akca T, Turkmenoglu O, Canbaz H, Ustunsoy B, Kanik A, Aydin S
- Issue date: 2008 Apr
- Comparison of drain versus no drain thyroidectomy: randomized prospective clinical trial.
- Authors: Morrissey AT, Chau J, Yunker WK, Mechor B, Seikaly H, Harris JR
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- Does draining the neck affect morbidity following thyroid surgery?
- Authors: Schoretsanitis G, Melissas J, Sanidas E, Christodoulakis M, Vlachonikolis JG, Tsiftsis DD
- Issue date: 1998 Aug