Relationship between vitamin D knowledge and 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels amongst pregnant women.
AffiliationCentre for Global Health, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRelationship between vitamin D knowledge and 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels amongst pregnant women. 2013: J Hum Nutr Diet
JournalJournal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics : the official journal of the British Dietetic Association
AbstractPregnant women living at northerly latitudes are at risk of suboptimal vitamin D status. There is a paucity of studies correlating knowledge, attitudes and practices of vitamin D with serum levels amongst pregnant women. We aimed to determine the prevalence of suboptimal vitamin D status in pregnant women of various ethnicities attending two Dublin maternity hospitals and to assess levels of knowledge, attitudes and practices concerning vitamin D.
- Vitamin D deficiency and supplementation in pregnancy in a multiethnic population-based cohort.
- Authors: Eggemoen ÅR, Falk RS, Knutsen KV, Lagerløv P, Sletner L, Birkeland KI, Jenum AK
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 19
- Vitamin D deficiency in rural girls and pregnant women despite abundant sunshine in northern India.
- Authors: Sahu M, Bhatia V, Aggarwal A, Rawat V, Saxena P, Pandey A, Das V
- Issue date: 2009 May
- Suboptimal vitamin D levels in pregnant women despite supplement use.
- Authors: Li W, Green TJ, Innis SM, Barr SI, Whiting SJ, Shand A, von Dadelszen P
- Issue date: 2011 Jul-Aug
- Maternal Vitamin D Insufficiency Early in Pregnancy Is Associated with Increased Risk of Preterm Birth in Ethnic Minority Women in Canada.
- Authors: Tabatabaei N, Auger N, Herba CM, Wei S, Allard C, Fink GD, Fraser WD
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Determinants of vitamin D status in pregnant fair-skinned women in Sweden.
- Authors: Brembeck P, Winkvist A, Olausson H
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 14