High prevalence of overweight and obesity in adults with Crohn's disease: associations with disease and lifestyle factors.
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Medicine, Trinity College Centre for Health Sciences, Adelaide & Meath Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Local subject classificationCHRON'S DISEASE
Analysis of Variance
Body Mass Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHigh prevalence of overweight and obesity in adults with Crohn's disease: associations with disease and lifestyle factors. 2013, 7 (7):e241-8 J Crohns Colitis
JournalJournal of Crohn's & colitis
AbstractObesity and overweight are major public health issues. Although traditionally associated with weight loss, there is now evidence that increasing Body Mass Index (BMI) and overweight are emerging features of Crohn's disease (CD) and may be associated with more severe disease course. The aim of the study was to determine the prevalence of overweight and obesity in patients with CD compared with matched healthy controls and to identify disease-specific and generic factors associated with current BMI in this group.
- Prevalence and epidemiology of overweight and obesity in children with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Authors: Long MD, Crandall WV, Leibowitz IH, Duffy L, del Rosario F, Kim SC, Integlia MJ, Berman J, Grunow J, Colletti RB, Schoen BT, Patel AS, Baron H, Israel E, Russell G, Ali S, Herfarth HH, Martin C, Kappelman MD, ImproveCareNow Collaborative for Pediatric IBD.
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Relationship of Body Mass Index to Clinical Outcomes after Infliximab Therapy in Patients with Crohn's Disease.
- Authors: Brown P, Clark T, Dowson G, Warren L, Hamlin J, Hull M, Subramanian V
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Fecal calprotectin correlates more closely with the Simple Endoscopic Score for Crohn's disease (SES-CD) than CRP, blood leukocytes, and the CDAI.
- Authors: Schoepfer AM, Beglinger C, Straumann A, Trummler M, Vavricka SR, Bruegger LE, Seibold F
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Severe and morbid obesity in Crohn's disease patients: prevalence and disease associations.
- Authors: Ungar B, Kopylov U, Goitein D, Lahat A, Bardan E, Avidan B, Lang A, Maor Y, Eliakim R, Ben-Horin S
- Issue date: 2013
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity in older Mexican adults and its association with physical activity and related factors: An analysis of the study on global ageing and adult health.
- Authors: Rivas-Marino G, Negin J, Salinas-Rodríguez A, Manrique-Espinoza B, Sterner KN, Snodgrass J, Kowal P
- Issue date: 2015 May-Jun