Salvage of critical limb ischemia with the "trellis reserve'' of subintimal superficial femoral-popliteal artery occlusion: a new modality in managing critical limb ischemia--a case report.
AffiliationWestern Vascular Institute, Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University College Hospital Galway, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Arterial Occlusive Diseases
Magnetic Resonance Angiography
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSalvage of critical limb ischemia with the "trellis reserve'' of subintimal superficial femoral-popliteal artery occlusion: a new modality in managing critical limb ischemia--a case report., 39 (6):531-5 Vasc Endovascular Surg
PublisherVascular and endovascular surgery
JournalVascular and endovascular surgery
AbstractSubintimal angioplasty is a safe, effective, but nondurable procedure in treating long superficial femoral artery occlusions in patients with severe lower limb ischemia. The authors report a case of acute thrombosis that presented 16 weeks after subintimal angioplasty. The ;;Trellis'' percutaneous thrombolytic infusion system permitted a controlled site-specific infusion of recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator (rtPA). The unique design of the ;;Trellis'' allowed complete aspiration of thrombus and avoiding regional and systemic thrombolytic side effects. The ;;Trellis'' system is effective in percutaneous management of thrombotic lesions; however, intimal dissection may need to be addressed.
- When is urokinase treatment an effective sole or adjunctive treatment for acute limb ischemia secondary to native artery occlusion?
- Authors: Suggs WD, Cynamon J, Martin B, Sanchez LA, Wahl SI, Aronoff B, Veith FJ
- Issue date: 1999 Aug
- Duplex-guided endovascular treatment for occlusive and stenotic lesions of the femoral-popliteal arterial segment: a comparative study in the first 253 cases.
- Authors: Ascher E, Marks NA, Hingorani AP, Schutzer RW, Mutyala M
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- The use of the Trellis-6 thrombectomy device in the management of acute limb ischemia due to native vessel occlusion: challenges, tips, and limitations.
- Authors: Daly B, Patel M, Prasad A
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 1
- Preliminary results of subintimal angioplasty for limb salvage in lower extremities with severe chronic ischemia and limb-threatening ischemia.
- Authors: Myers SI, Myers DJ, Ahmend A, Ramakrishnan V
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Combined percutaneous endovascular iliac angioplasty and infrainguinal surgical revascularization for chronic lower extremity ischemia: preliminary result.
- Authors: Mousa A, Abdel-Hamid M, Ewida A, Saad M, Sahrabi A
- Issue date: 2010 Mar-Apr