Correlation between subcutaneous knee fat thickness and chondromalacia patellae on magnetic resonance imaging of the knee.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Adelaide and Meath Hospital Incorporating the National Children's Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Local subject classificationKNEE PAIN
Body Weights and Measures
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Predictive Value of Tests
Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCorrelation between subcutaneous knee fat thickness and chondromalacia patellae on magnetic resonance imaging of the knee. 2013, 64 (3):182-6 Can Assoc Radiol J
JournalCanadian Association of Radiologists journal = Journal l'Association canadienne des radiologistes
AbstractChondromalacia patellae is a common cause of anterior knee pain in young patients and can be detected noninvasively with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). The purpose of our study was to evaluate the correlation between subcutaneous fat thickness around the knee joint on axial MRIs as a surrogate marker of obesity, with the presence or absence of chondromalacia patellae.
- Reliability of clinical findings and magnetic resonance imaging for the diagnosis of chondromalacia patellae.
- Authors: Pihlajamäki HK, Kuikka PI, Leppänen VV, Kiuru MJ, Mattila VM
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- MRI quantitative morphologic analysis of patellofemoral region: lack of correlation with chondromalacia patellae at surgery.
- Authors: Endo Y, Schweitzer ME, Bordalo-Rodrigues M, Rokito AS, Babb JS
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- Chondromalacia patellae: fat-suppressed MR imaging.
- Authors: Rose PM, Demlow TA, Szumowski J, Quinn SF
- Issue date: 1994 Nov
- Evaluation of patellar chondromalacia with MR: comparison between T2-weighted FSE SPIR and GE MTC.
- Authors: Macarini L, Perrone A, Murrone M, Marini S, Stefanelli M
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- Evaluation of the chondromalacia patella using a microscopy coil: comparison of the two-dimensional fast spin echo techniques and the three-dimensional fast field echo techniques.
- Authors: Kim HJ, Lee SH, Kang CH, Ryu JA, Shin MJ, Cho KJ, Cho WS
- Issue date: 2011 Jan-Feb