AffiliationHealth Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC), Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPertussis outbreak in northwest Ireland, January - June 2010. 2010, 15 (35): Euro Surveill.
PublisherEuro surveillance : bulletin Européen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin
JournalEuro surveillance : bulletin Européen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin
AbstractWe report a community pertussis outbreak that occurred in a small town located in the northwest of Ireland. Epidemiological investigations suggest that waning immunity and the absence of a booster dose during the second year of life could have contributed to the outbreak. The report also highlights the need to reinforce the surveillance of pertussis in Ireland and especially to improve the clinical and laboratory diagnosis of cases.
- Pertussis outbreak in primary and secondary schools in Ludwigslust, Germany demonstrating the role of waning immunity.
- Authors: Sin MA, Zenke R, Rönckendorf R, Littmann M, Jorgensen P, Hellenbrand W
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Characterization of outbreak and vaccine strains of Bordetella pertussis--Quebec.
- Authors: Knowles K, Lorange M, Matthews RC, Preston NW
- Issue date: 1993 Nov 15
- Pertussis outbreak in Austin and Travis County, Texas, 1975.
- Authors: Field LH, Parker CD
- Issue date: 1977 Aug
- Whooping cough in Glasgow 1969-80.
- Authors: Walker E, Pinkerton IW, Love WC, Chaudhuri AK, Datta JB
- Issue date: 1981 Jun
- [Consensus on the clinical and microbiologic diagnosis of Bordetella pertussis, and infection prevention. Expert Group on Pertussis Vaccination].
- Authors: Grupo de expertos en vacunación contra tos ferina., Beltrán Silva S, Cervantes Apolinar Y, Cherry JD, Conde González C, Gentile A, Gómez Altamirano CM, Hernández Porras M, Huerta García G, Macías Parra M, Martínez Aguilar G, Mascareñas de los Santos A, Moreno Espinosa S, Pacheco Ríos A, Prado Cohrs D, Rodriguez Weber MA, Romano Mazzotti L, Rosales Uribe E, Sifuentes Osornio J, Ulloa-Gutiérrez R, Villaseñor Sierra A
- Issue date: 2011 Jan-Feb