AffiliationHealth Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC), Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPertussis outbreak in northwest Ireland, January - June 2010. 2010, 15 (35): Euro Surveill.
PublisherEuro surveillance : bulletin Européen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin
JournalEuro surveillance : bulletin Européen sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin
AbstractWe report a community pertussis outbreak that occurred in a small town located in the northwest of Ireland. Epidemiological investigations suggest that waning immunity and the absence of a booster dose during the second year of life could have contributed to the outbreak. The report also highlights the need to reinforce the surveillance of pertussis in Ireland and especially to improve the clinical and laboratory diagnosis of cases.
- Pertussis outbreak in primary and secondary schools in Ludwigslust, Germany demonstrating the role of waning immunity.
- Authors: Sin MA, Zenke R, Rönckendorf R, Littmann M, Jorgensen P, Hellenbrand W
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Characterization of outbreak and vaccine strains of Bordetella pertussis--Quebec.
- Authors: Knowles K, Lorange M, Matthews RC, Preston NW
- Issue date: 1993 Nov 15
- Pertussis outbreak in Austin and Travis County, Texas, 1975.
- Authors: Field LH, Parker CD
- Issue date: 1977 Aug
- The outbreak that had to happen: Bordetella pertussis in north-west Western Australia in 1999.
- Authors: Cordova SP, Gilles MT, Beers MY
- Issue date: 2000 Dec
- A countywide outbreak of pertussis: initial transmission in a high school weight room with subsequent substantial impact on adolescents and adults.
- Authors: Sotir MJ, Cappozzo DL, Warshauer DM, Schmidt CE, Monson TA, Berg JL, Zastrow JA, Gabor GW, Davis JP
- Issue date: 2008 Jan