Catheter-related infection in Irish intensive care units diagnosed with HELICS criteria: a multi-centre surveillance study.
Roche, F M
Fraher, M H
Burns, K M
Power, M W
Walshe, C M
AffiliationDepartment of Critical Care Medicine, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7, Ireland. email@example.com
Intensive Care Units
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCatheter-related infection in Irish intensive care units diagnosed with HELICS criteria: a multi-centre surveillance study. 2013, 83 (3):238-43 J. Hosp. Infect.
JournalThe Journal of hospital infection
AbstractCatheter-related infection (CRI) surveillance is advocated as a healthcare quality indicator. However, there is no national CRI surveillance programme or standardized CRI definitions in Irish intensive care units (ICUs).
SponsorsFunding was received from the Intensive Care Society of Ireland, the Critical Care Programme of the Health Service Executive, and an unrestricted grant from Merck Sharpe & Dohme. The study was endorsed by the Irish Critical Care Trials Group
- [Standardized incidence ratio: a risk index for catheter-related infection surveillance in intensive care units (REACAT network) in Northern France].
- Authors: Maugat S, Joly C, L'hériteau F, Beaucaire G, Astagneau P, réseau de surveillance REACAT.
- Issue date: 2005 Sep
- National influences on catheter-associated bloodstream infection rates: practices among national surveillance networks participating in the European HELICS project.
- Authors: Hansen S, Schwab F, Behnke M, Carsauw H, Heczko P, Klavs I, Lyytikäinen O, Palomar M, Riesenfeld Orn I, Savey A, Szilagyi E, Valinteliene R, Fabry J, Gastmeier P
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Surveillance of catheter-associated urinary tract infection in 4 intensive care units at Alexandria university hospitals in Egypt.
- Authors: Talaat M, Hafez S, Saied T, Elfeky R, El-Shoubary W, Pimentel G
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Hospital-wide surveillance of catheter-related bloodstream infection: from the expected to the unexpected.
- Authors: Zingg W, Sax H, Inan C, Cartier V, Diby M, Clergue F, Pittet D, Walder B
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Impact of a five-year surveillance of central venous catheter infections in the REACAT intensive care unit network in France.
- Authors: L'Hériteau F, Olivier M, Maugat S, Joly C, Merrer J, Thaler F, Grandbastien B, Beaucaire G, Astagneau P
- Issue date: 2007 Jun