AffiliationDepartment of Neurosurgery, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
Spinal Cord Diseases
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRecurrent intramedullary epidermoid cyst of conus medullaris. 2011, 2011: BMJ Case Rep
JournalBMJ case reports
AbstractSpinal intramedullary epidermoid cyst is a rare condition. Recurrent epidermoid cyst in the spine cord is known to occur. The authors describe a case of recurrent conus medullaris epidermoid cyst in a 24-year-old female. She initially presented at 7 years of age with bladder disturbance in the form of diurnal enuresis and recurrent urinary tract infection. MRI lumbar spine revealed a 4 cm conus medullaris epidermoid cyst. Since the initial presentation, the cyst had recurred seven times in the same location and she underwent surgical intervention in the form of exploration and debulking. This benign condition, owing to its anatomical location, has posed a surgical and overall management challenge. This occurrence is better managed in a tertiary-care centre requiring multi-disciplinary treatment approach.
- Intradural Extramedullary Epidermoid Cyst at the Conus Medullaris Level with Thoracic Syringomyelia: A Case Report.
- Authors: Akgun B, Ergun AC, Ozercan IH, Kok S
- Issue date: 2019
- Elderly onset intramedullary epidermoid cyst in the conus medullaris: a case report.
- Authors: Ohara T, Maki S, Furuya T, Inada T, Kamiya K, Ota M, Okawa A, Ikeda O, Takahashi K, Yamazaki M, Koda M
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 12
- A giant intramedullary spinal epidermoid cyst of the cervicothoracic region.
- Authors: Cataltepe O, Berker M, Akalan N
- Issue date: 2004 May-Jun
- Intramedullary epidermoid cysts of the spinal cord. Case report.
- Authors: Roux A, Mercier C, Larbrisseau A, Dube LJ, Dupuis C, Del Carpio R
- Issue date: 1992 Mar
- Epidermoid cyst of the conus medullaris: atypical MRI and angiographic features.
- Authors: Debray MP, Ricolfi F, Brugières P, Khalil A, Adle-Biassette H, Gaston A
- Issue date: 1996 Aug